Human Resources Summer Internship
Date: Jan 10, 2020
Brand: Luxottica (LoA Corporate)
McDonough, GA, US, 30253
Requisition ID: 128525
Luxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence consists of over 9,100 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to global brands like Ray-Ban, Oakley, and many of the top fashion house brands. Our leading retail brands include; LensCrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision, Target Optical and Sears Optical. We are also home to EyeMed, the fastest growing vision care company in the United States.
Supporting over 4,500 retail stores in North America, a career in our retail headquarters allows us to stay in touch with the end customer and use their ever-changing behaviors and preferences to shape our offerings of the best eyewear and services.
GENERAL FUNCTIONThe Luxottica Summer Internship Program is a 10-week immersion into Luxottica and its brands. It’s a project-based internship where you will have the opportunity to learn, collaborate, and contribute to business success by working on priority projects. At Luxottica, we love what we do! We are looking for students who share our passion to help the world see and can turn their passion into dedication and focus to deliver great results.
By interning in our McDonough facility, you’ll work on projects impacting manufacturing and distribution in North America, which supports our retail stores and wholesale customers.
We are looking for innovative and passionate students to join us, supporting a Human Resources related function.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborates with HR professionals and contributes to projects that support the execution of Luxottica HR programs related to talent management, succession planning, performance management, recruiting, compensation, or employee relations.
- Seeks out and recommends process improvements; implements new procedures as appropriate.
- Actively pursuing an undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Industrial/ Organizational Psychology, Management or related major
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Acts with integrity to handle confidential matters with appropriate discretion
- Demonstrated ability to quickly establish rapport, build credibility, and create partnerships at all levels within the company
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Available the full 10-week program, 40 hours per week
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Rising undergraduate junior or senior
- Study abroad or international exposure
- Demonstrate leadership ability and relationship building skills
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 or e-mail HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com (be sure to provide your name and contact information for either option so that we may follow up in a timely manner).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Job Segment: Part Time, Seasonal, Retail
McDonough, GA, US, 30253 McDonough, GA, US, 30253