PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software Quality Assurance Analyst (Contract)Waterloo, ON (Canada)
Looking for an opportunity to work on next-gen PlayStation products? Do you have a passion for software quality? Do you want to work at a company where customers have real excitement for the products you help build?
At PlayStation, we are passionate about both collaboration and technology. We love building the systems that millions of people use and are our own first customers. We strive to be at the forefront of development technologies and are a diverse company with developers on four continents.
- Prepare use cases, test plans, test cases and other test related documentation for various applications on the PlayStation console.
- Plan and execute test plans; effectively communicating execution estimates, progress and test results to various stakeholders.
- Log clear and detailed defects for any issues identified during execution and track them through to their resolution.
- Develop a deep functional understanding of current and newly developed applications for the PlayStation console.
- Monitor automated test execution on CI/CD pipeline and help analyze test failures.
- Identify testing gaps and remedy these gaps to ensure efficient test coverage.
- Participate in Scrum stand-ups and other agile ceremonies.
- Apply knowledge of quality assurance best practices and recommend improvements.
- Minimum 5 years related work experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- Extensive background in QA methodologies, and experience in writing test strategy, test plans, and test cases, collecting test results and resolving issues
- Deep understanding of system integration testing
- Experience working with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with test case management and Jira bug tracking tools
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- You should be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in UI automation for web or mobile applications
- Experience developing or writing test code for a game console or set-top box
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.