San Mateo, CA
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Software EngineerPlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
We are looking for a highly motivated player to join our team and help define the future of game development using the power of Machine Learning.
If most of these bullets describe you:
- Passionate about finding new solutions to the most difficult problems in the world
- Ability to understand and quickly implement state of the art papers from the field
- Constantly thinking of new and out of the box approaches to tackle problems
- Not afraid of reading and proving ideas through mathematical analysis
- Love to play with new ML models and even come up with new ones!
- Know the difference between Q-Learning, SARSA, DQN, DDPG
- Passionate about crafting AI systems that will impact game developers and gamers around the world.
- Expertise in ML and statistical learning with a deep understanding of the underlying theory
- Expertise in reinforcement learning and unsupervised learning
- Experience in building and deploying impactful machine learning models in production
- Excellent programming skills, preferably in Python and/or C++
- Track record of balancing near term product impact and long term exploration
- Strong communication skills and ability to generate consensus and agreement within the team
- Ability to simplify complex problems and concepts through deep analysis and understanding
- Ability to read, implement and explain academic papers
- Strong mathematical analysis
- A hardcore gamer with years of experience playing different types of games.
- Game-engine and physics engine knowledge (UE4, Unity, Bullet)
- Game development experience
- At least one paper publication
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.