San Diego, CA
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This internship is for Summer 2020.
Site Reliability Tools Engineering InternSan Diego, CA
The Site Reliability Tools team within SIE’s Platform Hosting Engineering organization provides critical services used across all platform teams to provide visibility into the performance and availability of PlayStation Network services to our players, partners, and other customers. Within the SRT space we’re actively building the new Distributed Tracing team as the third pillar of observability. This team will focus on service instrumentation, trace ingestion, and trace analysis as part of our charter to provide full visibility into platform transactions.
- Build, deploy and operate a combination of open source, custom written, and vendor provided software to provide distributed tracing capabilities across the PlayStation Network platform
- Engage with different developer and engineering teams to understand their needs
- Aid framework development as part of service instrumentation
- Write documentation that details solutions implemented
- Work with vendors to help deliver appropriate visualization dashboards
- Familiarity with the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience with Java (additional languages a plus)
- Basic understanding of microservice architectures and the benefits
- Familiarity with public cloud services (AWS a plus)
- Adept at developing relationships across teams
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.