GlycoSpot is on a quest to change how enzyme activity testing is done by developing user friendly on-site test kits that can be operated by anyone anywhere. A key element in that journey is robust and user-friendly software solutions.
We are calling for a talented Software Developer, with a passion for making user friendly mobile solutions. As Software Developer you will be a key element of and closely collaborate with a dedicated R&D team in an entrepreneurial environment.
Reporting to the Technical Director, this position will be part of the SW development team, with a strong focus on implementing mobile app solutions as part of the enzyme testing solutions. You will become part of a very flat and agile organization with short decision-making processes.
As part of the agile company structure you will also be involved in selected commercial activities, e.g. represent Glycospot in conferences or visits to key clients.
The position is based in Copenhagen.
Who are we looking for?
First of all, we are looking for a person with the right mindset. An independent self-starting person who brings energy and motivation to the team.
- Integral part of our SW team for mobile app coding and development based on both iOS and Android platforms
- Define, implement and improve our SW methodology and architecture
- Oversee that out SW development is documented according to industry standards
- Outline strategies for and participate in SW verification and validation
- Take an active part in R&D development projects, being the voice of the software team.
- Define SW concepts based on user needs and requirements
- A Software Engineer/Developer with a successfully completed Bachelors’/Masters’ Degree in Computer Science (or another relevant field).
- 2+ years of relevant working experience, e.g. from a student position.
- Experience with mobile app development (Ionic Framework or similar cross platform framework)
- Knowledge and experience within embedded SW and hardware (e.g. Arduino) is considered a plus as the software team covers also the embedded SW.
- Knowledge about enzymes is not necessary
As a person you:
- Are a self-starter with drive and initiative, and work with minimal supervision
- Have a personality comfortable with an independent role, i.e. is ready to take on a shared responsibility in the SW team
- Have a genuine technical interest and curiosity
Read more about GlycoSpot at our homepage: https://www.glycospot.dk/
If you have questions, please contact Technical Director, Troels Balmer Christensen on, +45 2299 7411 or Software Developer Robert Bayer on +45 7149 5769
As we are reviewing applications on a continuous basis please send your CV and cover letter as soon as possible.
European Search Company is supporting Glycospot in this recruitment process.
Your application may be stored with the company for up to 12 months unless you request otherwise.
GlycoSpot is a biotechnology company specializing in the development and production of ready-to-use enzyme activity screening kits.
Enzymes are essential components of many industrial processes and are increasingly being regarded as attractive alternatives
to traditional chemistry-based processes since they are effective, environmentally benign, cost-effective, and precise in their mode of action. GlycoSpot assay kits help release the potential of enzyme technology.
The company foundation is know-how developed at the University of Copenhagen (KU) and the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) with the founders having more than 30 years combined experience in the field, combined with extensive academic and industrial collaborations.