Date Posted: 2019-08-29-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: 02: Building 02 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment , you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
Specific responsibilities of this role include:
- Looking for a motivated individual to join the EH&S team for an intern role at the Windsor Lock facility.
- Typical EH&S support to cover programs such as Machine Guarding, JHA, EH&S Communications, Ergonomics, Lock out Tag out and Electrical Safety.
- Looking for an individuals to learn or further develop problem-solving skills to identify and eliminate hazards within manufacturing areas and to assist with root cause analysis and develop corrective actions with the help of experienced EHS coordinators.
- Other responsibilities can include implementation of lean manufacturing principals, 6S, continuous improvement and visual factory projects.
Education and Certifications: Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Health & Safety Management or related field from an accredited institution.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Health & Safety Management or related field from an accredited institution.
- Must have GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Must have completed 30 hours of college coursework.
- Prior experience in a Safety/Engineering/Environmental intern role preferred.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.