Date Posted: 2019-08-29-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: 01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
You could be a great fit for our Quality organization if:
- You take immense satisfaction and pride in the quality of your work.
- You’re the first to point out opportunities for continuous improvement (even outside of work…not at all to the annoyance of your friends and family).
- You understand the absolute importance of adhering to compliance…all while making your customers proud by achieving a zero-defect quality delivery plan.
OK. We got it. You live and breathe Quality. So do we! For us at Collins Aerospace, quality is personal. People’s lives and safety depend on the quality of our products. From the child flying for the first time, to the men and women who save lives, to the astronaut exploring outer space – what we do matters, every day. If you checked the boxes above, we invite you to join the Quality organization as we work to be the best aerospace company for the world by delighting our customers with 100 percent on-time delivery and zero defect parts.
Specific responsibilities of this role include:Collins Aerospace is looking for a qualified intern to join our Central Quality team. In this assignment, the intern will implement and assist with the key initiatives of Quality organization.
Education / Certifications
Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related field from an accredited institution.
- Must be pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related field from an accredited institution
- Must have GPA of 3.0
- Must have completed 30 hours of college coursework
- Ability to multi-task with good organizational and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated customer service mindset; proactive in meeting business and customer needs
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication & teamwork
- Detail-oriented and conscientious
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with MS Office applications including PowerPoint and Outlook
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.