Date Posted: 2020-01-23-08:00
Country: United States of America
Location: OT999: 1CP - Farmington, CT One Carrier Place, Farmington, CT, 06032 USA
The Otis World Headquarters Digital Technology Internship Program (DTIP) provides valuable exposure to the broad range of digital and technical functions within the Otis business while allowing early career talent to build on their skills, knowledge, and experience. This class of interns will work closely with a Digital Technology team to deliver real results in the areas of business, technology, and process/project management throughout various operating countries.
The candidate will be responsible for delivering successful digital technology solutions for business critical projects in one of the following digital function areas:
- Data Science & Analytics
- Enterprise Business Systems and Applications
- Infrastructure Services
- Product and Project Management
- Software or Application Development
- User Experience Design
The successful candidates will have the opportunity to join Otis WHQ for another internship in the future in another area of interest.
Education / QualificationsMust have a minimum of 40 credit hours completed.
Selection for the Otis WHQ Digital Technology Internship Program internship will be based on the following minimum criteria:
- Applicant must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Be pursuing a BS or MS in Computer Engineering/Science, Cybersecurity, Data Science, Information Systems or other Information Technology concentrations
- Strong academic performance, minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2
- Proactive and results-driven individual who thrives in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Preferred strong technical skills in design, development, big data/analytics, infrastructure, IT/Cybersecurity, etc.
- Flexibility and Adaptability
Additionally, Candidates should be self-starters and be able to work with minimal direction. They should be able to communicate a clear understanding of their subject matter, work in cross-functional teams, respect individual differences and welcome diverse thinking, and offer informed suggestions to improve processes.
Otis Elevator Company is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. For more than 160 years, Otis has helped make modern life possible. Otis now moves more than 2 billion people each day. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, NCE “green” escalator and digital focus have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. We are proud to have a global team supporting over 68,000 employees that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.