Date Posted: 2019-08-29-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The Student Employee Experience
Want to work in one of the most exciting industries in the world today? Consider how an internship with Collins Aerospace can jumpstart your career; this is a chance to work alongside the aerospace industry's top people in some of the world's most technologically advanced facilities. It’s an exciting opportunity to take on challenging projects, integrate theory and practice, and further confirm your career choices within a highly stimulating culture. If you want to be a part of a global business that’s creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers, consider this your runway.
This internship in Supply Chain Management will allow a successful candidate to apply key concepts and skillsets to the Electric Power Systems business in Rockford, IL. The role supports our management team and focuses on value-added analysis and analytics to improve supplier on-time delivery and organizational performance.
- Develop and present monthly package on top supplier delivery issues and root cause analysis, highlighting actions being implemented
- Maintain alignment with the operational excellence team on Electric Power Systems supplier issues
- Support internal operations partners with strategic supply chain analysis and proactive supplier communication focused on improving on-time delivery performance into the organization
- Maintain alignment with the buyers, quality, and engineering teams to drive supplier improvement.
- Engage with supplier administrative personnel to improve supplier commitment performance, troubleshoot supplier portal issues and raise commitment compliance.
- Supports supply chain initiatives by monitoring key performance indicators, analyzing cost-to-serve performance data, and coordinating cross-functional work team.
- Plans, organizes, directs and reports all activities and matters relating to supplier performance.
- Evaluates supplier performance, management, capacity and production readiness.
- Assesses supplier qualifications including training and certifications.
This position requires you to be currently enrolled in an accredited institution, actively pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree. For undergraduate students, you must have at least 30 credits completed by the start of work.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.