Are you a recent graduate with a master’s degree in material or information science, engineering or metallurgy with an international ambition? Would you like to work with sustainable steel with passion about complex technical projects? Or are you eager to drive innovation and work for future that lasts forever? Join Outokumpu’s Technical Graduate program!
We are now looking a technical graduate for our site in Tornio.
What we offerOutokumpu’s Technical Graduate program is a 3-year program that familiarizes you with our technical processes. During the program you will rotate in three departments: Research & Development, Quality-department of the mill and Technical Market Development & Customer Service.
You will get the chance to contribute to the product development or digitalization, share your own ideas and help us in meeting the changing market requirements. You will work with quality related tasks to ensure the high quality of our products, work closely with our sales team and gain valuable experience from customer contacts. The program contains also an international assignment during which you can explore another Outokumpu location and learn who to co-operate in an international team.
You will participate in a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training and become responsible for improvement projects. You will also get an opportunity to share your knowledge in Outokumpu’s international graduate development program called Form your Future. To help you to develop your potential, a mentor from the senior management will support you during your development path.
What we are looking forTo qualify for our Technical Graduate program, you will need:
- A Master's degree in relevant field (for example material or information science, engineering or metallurgy)
- Maximum 1–-2 years of relevant work experience
- Strong interest in local and international challenges and willingness to travel
- High career aspirations with a hands-on attitude
- Eagerness to learn and develop
- Interest to work in fields new to you and ability to adjust to new working environments easily
- Willingness to take on responsibility and ability to work independently with projects
- Ability to collaborate with people in different departments, countries and levels
- Fluency in English (written and spoken), additionally mastering any of the following company languages is a plus: Swedish, German, Finnish, Spanish
Interested?Please submit your application online in English by April 30.
Please note that applications will be reviewed regularly.
For more information about the Technical Graduate program, please contact Senior HR Specialist, MD&L, Jenni Nuorala, phone +358 40 1388881, email jenni.nuorala(at)Outokumpu.com