- US-California-San Jose
- Date Posted
- 25 Mar 2020
Cobham – San Jose is seeking an Intern to support R&D Radio Frequency Engineering. In this internship, you will work in a highly motivated team to help support RF Engineering projects. This will be a 3-month summer internship. This role is in San Jose, CA and there is no relocation available for this role.
- Participates in the day to day activities of assigned functional area assisting in the completion of routine and non-routine tasks.
- Perform lab testing and characterize RF components using RF test equipment.
- Analyze and summarize collected data using RF tool such as ADS or Microwave Office
- Assists in applying knowledge to analyze, investigate and resolve problems.
- Work with a senior electrical engineer to evaluate and co-design RF circuits.
- Graduate student pursuing PhD Electrical Engineering
- Must show definite interest and desire to work on process problems and improvements in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability and desire to work hands-on in a team environment is necessary.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written are required to work with a wide variety of people
- You must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobham.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Apply
- Job ID
- Job Category
- Primary Location
- US-California-San Jose
- Multifunction Microwave Solutions (MMS)