Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughsThe future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic, and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
- **This position will be located in Kansas City, MO***
- The Process Automation Group seeks a Controls Engineer for development and integration of advanced manufacturing equipment automation
- The successful candidate will have a degree in engineering from an ABET accredited institution and extensive work experience on programmable logic controllers; design, development, evaluation, and quality control functions on highly complex controls; and automation projects, regularly offering innovative solutions to significant technical problems
- The candidate must possess experience in engineering support of highly technical and advanced manufacturing processes typically requiring specialized qualifications, knowledge, and hands-on troubleshooting and repair experience of equipment
- Applies math, physical science, and engineering technologies to accomplish advanced engineering objectives Integrates systems of manufacturing equipment with facilities, sensors, networks (IIoT), and other equipment
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments
- Develops capabilities and provides technical assistance in the development, analysis, installation, and integration of equipment such as machine tools and manufacturing processing equipment.
- Prepares necessary budgets, justifications and reports used to procure materials, develop customer proposals, justify equipment modifications and upgrades, and procure test equipment Writes and reviews specifications and procedures to comply with standard requirements and regulations, including all applicable codes and government regulations
- Interfaces with customers, cross-functional stakeholders, and manufacturing equipment vendors. Presents proposals and reports, and acts as subject matter expert in process automation
- Performs failure analysis to identify and implement root causes and corrective actions to minimize development and manufacturing costs of product and equipment
You Must Have:
- US citizenship in order to obtain and maintain U.S. Dept of Energy "Q" level security clearance.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited Engineering program
- Five or more years of relevant experience in engineering or related technical activities, such as manufacturing, inspection processing, or tool design, including application of advanced engineering principles and technology related to complex technical assignments
- IIoT machine connections, data processing, and industrial networking protocols
- Machine design & troubleshooting
- Programmable logic controllers (PLC)
- Industrial machine control – continuous feedback and discrete
- Controls & instrumentation; sensor selection and setup
- Hydraulics, pneumatics, and vacuum technologies
- Heat transfer and fluid dynamics
- PLC Ladder Logic, State Logic Design
- Automation Direct, Allen Bradley
- Control System panel and cabinet design to NFPA, UL, FM codes and standards
- Software: Programming in C/C++; using Visual Studio
- Human Machine Interface (HMI) design and troubleshooting
- Motion Control
- Equipment purchasing specification writing and equipment buyoff
- Ability to work independently, or with a team, or leading a team
- Project management
- A broad knowledge of manufacturing or quality processes and techniques
- Ability to apply advanced design, development, evaluation, and quality control techniques to highly complex engineering concepts and projects
- Ability to work without supervision, with latitude for independent action and decision making
- Ability to provide technical guidance, project management, consultative services, and innovative solutions.
- JOB ID: req245648
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 9221 Ward Parkway,Kansas City,Missouri,64114,United States
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.