Customer Development Manager - Pets at Home
Waltham, LEC, GB, LE14 4RS
JOB CATEGORY: Sales
REQUISITION NUMBER: 749081
Customer Development Manager – Pets at Home, Waltham
Salary: £31,300 - £39,100
It’s undeniable: Pets truly make the world a better place. That’s why we’re inspired to make A Better World For Pets™, a world where they’re healthy, happy and welcome. It's safe to say, at Mars Petcare, we're passionate about pets, and their health.
The purpose of the job is to 1) Pro-actively and re-actively find opportunities to develop our Pets At Home Omni business and customer relationships, which ultimately leads to profitable NSV growth 2) Support the 2 Senior Pets At Home Customer Development Managers to enable us to drive our joint performance past, present, and future in their language / metrics & timeframes. Use this to find compelling insights which drive change in performance for the entire business.
What are we looking for?
- Degree Qualified
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook (required)
- Previous experience in National Accounts with FMCG (preferred)
- Negotiation skills and commercial acumen (preferred)
What would be your key responsibilities?1. ONLINE
- Responsibility and ownership for the execution of perfect digital store (PDS). Developing a detailed plan and following through on the KPI's
- Responsible for perfect digital activation (PDA) which is bringing to life the marketing activation which is done instore, to the same quality and effectiveness in an online world.
- Responsible for the ownership of the relationship with the Online contacts at Pets at Home, ensuring they build a strong connection.
- Responsible for representing Pets at Home at the Ecommerce Periodic Commercial meetings; reporting on progress and being clear on what we support is needed from the business.
2. PERIODIC RHYTHYM: REPORTING, ANALYSIS & INSIGHTS
- Responsible for working with the Senior Customer Development Managers and Demand Planner to ensure that our NSV forecast is robust (spend/volume aligned)
- Full responsibility for promotional process/spend planning: calculate level of retro, compile relevant paperwork for Pets at Home, check in store compliance
- Lead deep dives into historic forecast to understand what drives variance vs. actual and make recommendations on actions we can take to improve
- Power BI EPOS ownership and sharing weekly reports and insights on performance
- Instore compliance checking, instore and online. Highlighting areas for concern or celebration & providing recommendations for course correction or future opportunities
3. EXECUTIONAL EXCELLENCE
- To drive and monitor instore & offline execution and compliance on our feature space and promotional deals
- Analyse and take required actions with Pets At Home to drive instore & offline execution in Pets at Home through working with Demand, Supply & Commercial contacts in both Mars & Pets At Home
4. CUSTOMER MARKETING SUPPORT
- Supporting customer marketer on the execution of the brand plans for instore and online
- Taking ownership for execution of sampling activation from an internal perspective and ensuring everything goes smoothly - this involves being the sales representative on the relevant projects supporting the project manager with all details required for the successful execution internally & externally
What can you expect from Mars?
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including excellent pension.
- Pet-friendly offices, where your pets enjoyment, is as high on our agenda as yours.
- A company that understands the importance of a work-life balance.
- The chance to take hold of your own career, and develop personally and professionally.
Closing date: 20/11/2020
To open up a dialogue, please click on the APPLY button below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Segment: Manager, Marketing Manager, Management, Marketing
Apply now » Waltham, LEC, GB, LE14 4RS