About the DepartmentThe Clinical, Medical and Regulatory (CMR) department at Novo Nordisk is one of the most diverse and collaborative groups within the organization. From health-care-provider interactions and developing and implementing regulatory strategies with the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) to providing medical education and collecting data to support efficacy and new product development, CMR is involved. The one thing that keeps us all marching to the same beat is our patient-centered focus. At Novo Nordisk, you will help patients around the world. As their needs evolve, so does our challenge to find better and more innovative ways to improve their quality of life. We’re changing lives for a living. Are you ready to make a difference?
The PositionBuilds relationships and demonstrates the clinical outcome and benefits of Novo Nordisk Inc (NNI) products. Educates and demonstrates the benefits of key products to Healthcare Professionals (HCPs). Provides medical information and coordinates educational workshops, round tables, medical forums, etc. May explore and identify sites for clinical trials in all stages of development. Incumbents have a deep scientific and clinical education and experience. Within Field Medical Affairs (FMA), this position functions as a scientific liaison between NNI and key external customers to further scientific exchange. S/he provides advanced product and scientific and medical field support to Medical, Sales and Marketing, as well as Managed Care and Government by using academic/professional credentials and scientific expertise to communicate with health care providers, organized providers/accounts and other relevant healthcare organizations.
Strategic determination of change of territory prioritization will be based on customer need and analytics which identify need for change. This may occur at any time throughout the annual performance cycle. Develops and maintains medical (territory and account) plans in coordination with his/er Field Director.
RelationshipsPosition reports to Field Director/Senior Field Director. Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced medical and technical projects with the Medical Liaison (ML) teams, Clinicians, Marketing, Market Access & Government, and Sales personnel. External relationships include key opinion leaders (KOL’s), academic institutions, physicians, nurse practitioners, diabetes educators, pharmacists, blood bank staff, organized providers/ Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs), and Managed Care Organizations (MCOs) as needed based on territory archetypes.
- Completes administrative duties in an accurate manner and on a timely basis, in line with current Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and working practices
- Complies with all guidelines, policies, legal, regulatory, and compliance requirements
- Ensures effective administrative management of regional business as well as operational budgets
- Maintains thorough understanding of all relevant Novo Nordisk processes and procedures, and proactively assists other FMA members to further their understanding with these as needed
- Provides monthly reports on scientific support activities in region to Director including budget expenditures as directed
- Records all activities within a customer response management system (e.g. VEEVA) and all expenses within Concur in accordance with FMA procedures
- Attends assigned medical and scientific meetings: a) ensures and maintains awareness of current issues and new data pertaining to NNI products; b) develops and maintains relationships with key health care providers and Integrated Health Networks (IHNs); c) develops appropriate use of NNI products and greater utilization of its services d) supports and assists representatives and managers in answering questions from health care providers and IHNs
- Combines account management skills, business acumen, and scientific expertise to enhance value and develop collaborative relationships
- Establishes the medical account strategy/plan through the identification and cultivation of key relationships and brings forth appropriate collaboration opportunities
- Collaborates with Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR) team to deliver scientific value proposition of NNI’s products and devices to key customers and formulary decision makers. Delivers HEOR presentations upon request
- Collaborates with Marketing and Sales management to inform the development of scientific strategies to optimize NNI’s products and development activities in the medical community
- Collaborates with trial/study investigation sites; ensuring effective coordination and facilitation of studies to ensure timely review, initiation, and completion, as well as publication of study results. Provides clinical support in cooperation with other Novo Nordisk groups to ensure investigators demonstrate appropriate knowledge of studies, support patient recruitment and retention activities, answers responsive requests from investigators and provides feedback to sites to other groups
- Coordinates and collaborates with regional FMA team members to ensure integrated comprehensive coverage of regional clinical and scientific needs
- Coordinates with key internal stakeholders to provide customized and dedicated system-wide clinical education and support within respective IHNs and coordinate and manage professional relations of Novo Nordisk within these Networks from an overall “account management” level
- Coordinates with respective Health System Manager (HSM) to provide scientific and clinical education to Chief Executives, Medical Directors and formulary stakeholders to secure proper access to NNI’s products and services in respective IHNs
- Develops and presents product and scientific updates as requested, including Formulary presentations within IHNs, using approved material
Physical Requirements50-75% overnight travel required; Home office based position. Individual can live anywhere in the territory of Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Vermont & Maine. Driver must maintain a valid driver’s license. Must be in good standing by not exceeding the Novo Nordisk points threshold assigned based on review of Motor Vehicle Records.
- Doctoral degree required
- At least two years’ experience in a health-related system, pharmaceutical company, or managed care environment required
- Relevant clinical and/or therapeutic experience preferred
- Displays business acumen/knowledge based on experiences such as participation in formulary process decisions
- Extensive experience in diabetes strongly preferred
- Strong communication skills
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.