Job PurposeThe permanent role has been created to provide pre- and post-sales support for the Molecular Devices Advanced Workflow and Engineering solutions team. This includes automation hardware and software, as well as customization of existing product lines. The post will support our products across Western Europe. The work will also involve method development and applications support work based in the UK laboratories or onsite at customer facilities, technical support and troubleshooting, and the generation of scientific literature
Key Relationships:Customers and colleagues, both internally and externally, throughout Molecular Devices and the wider Danaher Corporation. Technical Support and Field Service teams. Sales and Marketing colleagues.
Key Responsibilities:Provide high level support to existing and potential customers. Support Account Managers on sales calls to customer facilities to provide technical and applications assistance in response to customer enquiries. Perform product demonstrations and support evaluations in the field through on-site visits or in-house evaluations. Prepare and present seminars to customers and potential customers. Provide in-depth applications training to customers at their facilities. Assist in the management and maintenance of European demonstration equipment and co-ordination of the demonstration timetable. Report on activities in the field on a regular basis to line manager and sales management as requested. Perform sample workups and testing of customer samples in the UK laboratories Assist in the development of new applications and methodologies in conjunction with customers and colleagues. Report on technical trends by relating customer and competitor feedback to appropriate people within the company and help in generating marketing materials when required Provide technical training for account managers to develop technical selling strategies vs. competition and traditional technologies Provide reports on new product capabilities and acceptance when required General support of other products if required (training on such products will be provided when necessary). Perform other general duties as assigned. Takes responsibility for personal development and understanding competitive markets. Be aware of Health and Safety and conduct yourself in a way that does not put you or any other person at risk.
Person Specification:The jobholder should possess the qualifications, experience and skills set out below to meet the requirements of the role as well as embrace the Danaher Values:
- Essential - BSc degree, in life science technology with an emphasis in cellular biology or biochemistry with relevant post-graduate, academic or industrial experience. Must be able to demonstrate strong scientific background knowledge.
- Essential – English; additional European language(s) is a plus.
- Highly desirable – some experience in automation and/or Molecular Devices products will be a major advantage.
- Demonstrable experience in a life science technology, pharmaceutical, scientific equipment or similar organisation. Evidence of strong skill set supporting customers (internal and external) in a technical or scientific role.
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of technical competence and confidence.
- Have excellent English written and verbal communication skills. Additional proficiency in another language is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills with the ability to interface with the scientific community and colleagues at all levels.
- Working knowledge of Automation scheduler/software, MS Office and other data analysis/graphing software is highly desirable
- Be highly motivated with excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently or as part of a geographically diverse team.
- Ability to work together in a positive, constructive way with customers and colleagues in anticipating and resolving issues.
- Be energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Able to operate effectively in a field-based role.
- Flexible in working hours to accommodate travel and communications in different time zones.
- Able to regularly and easily visit the UK facilities in Wokingham, Berkshire
- Full driving license
- Able to regularly travel and work away from home nationally and in Europe with occasional international travel to the U.S.
Measures of Performance:
- Proportion of demonstrations that lead to sales.
- Personal demonstration of growth in relevant skill sets.
- Feedback from customers
- Feedback from Sales Team
- Meeting personal objectives.
Danaher Values:Performs all duties and responsibilities in line with the Danaher values.
The Best Team Wins
- Associates are our most valued assets.
- We’re passionate about retaining, developing and recruiting the best talent available.
- Danaher and its associates win because:
- We are Team-Oriented with Involvement by All.
- We seek Fact-Based, Root Cause Solutions; not Blame.
- We are Accountable for Results, and We Deliver.
- We are Non-political and Not Bureaucratic.
- We have High Integrity and Respect for Others.
- Winning is Fun
Customers Talk, We Listen
- Quality First, ALWAYS!
- We base our strategic plan on the Voice-of-the-Customer.
- Robust, repeatable processes yield superior Quality, Delivery, and Cost that satisfy our customers beyond their expectations.
Continuous Improvement (Kaizen) is Our Way of Life
- The Danaher Business System IS our culture.
- We aggressively and continuously eliminate waste in every facet of our business processes.
Leading Edge Innovation Defines Our Future
- We continuously apply our creativity to the technologies of products, services, and processes.
- Out-of-the Box ideas, both large and small, add value to our enterprise.
- We accomplish “breakthroughs” through the Policy Deployment process.
We Compete For Shareholders
- Profits are important because they attract and retain loyal shareholders.
- Shareholders secure our future by providing capital for investment and growth.
Note: The above reflects the present requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop this will be reviewed and be subject to amendments.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available .