- Working independently and collaboratively in a team, on strategic projects to develop complex data models and solutions.
- Analyzing, interpreting, and extracting data to support decision-making, engaging with customers to understand changing requirements, and recommending solutions based on quantitative analysis.
- Independently compiles and reviews often disparate and inconsistent data to address complex intelligence issues or problems for internal/external customers.
- May require constructing and performing complex statistical, mathematical, and data analysis independently, or in partnership with other data scientists or analysts.
- Provides recommendations for the development of tools and applications that improve process effectiveness and efficiency.
Here's What You'll Need:
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Experience supporting complex data science and analytic projects
- Proficiency with Python or R
- Experience using SQL to query large relational databases
- Experience/knowledge of computer science concepts including programming/algorithm development, statistics, data architecture, data analytics, data science including visualization techniques
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative analytics
- Experience constructing and performing complex database search queries across multiple databases
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical findings to non-technical audiences in both written and verbal formats
- Experience identifying, recommending, and implementing continuous improvement approaches
- Overall 1 to 3 years of experience
- Degree in BA/BS or MA/MS degree in a technical field such as mathematics, engineering, economics, or computer science
- TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance
- Experience in modern machine learning, biometrics, social network analysis, or geospatial analysis
- Experience/knowledge of link analysis tools ( e.g. Palantir, i2 Analyst’s Notebook)
- Experience with cloud architectures including AWS
- Experience with distributed computing and storage technologies
Essential FunctionsPhysical Requirements:
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
Work Environment:General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance:Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen. Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a drug-free workplace.
Primary Location:United States-Virginia-Herndon-20367-HRDV
Job Posting:Jan 19, 2021, 10:54:58 PM
Job Classification:Full-Time Regular
2551 Dulles View DriveSuite 700
Capabilities:Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities