About the opportunity:Jacobs Transport Consultancy discipline has developed an enviable reputation in Ireland. Our projects involve working with various major clients in the transport industry, including local authorities, private sector, and government, throughout Ireland and the UK.
We work extensively with high-profile clients including the National Transport Authority (NTA), Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII) and Local Authorities throughout Ireland. Some of our recent nationally and regionally significant project wins include:
- Dublin BusConnects - Core Bus Corridor Infrastructure Works;
- Dublin MetroLink;
- Transport Modelling Framework Services for the NTA;
- Transport Technical Advisory Services for the NTA;
- Cork Metropolitan Area Transport Strategy 2040;
- Limerick-Shannon Metropolitan Area Transport Strategy 2040;
- Cork City Docks and Tivoli Docks Area-Based Transport Assessment;
- Dunkettle Interchange; and
- N2 Ardee to Castleblaney
We have an opportunity for an ambitious Principal Transport Planner or Engineer with extensive experience to complement our current teams located in Dublin, Cork and Belfast. You will become an integral part of a respected and ambitious team, and the role will provide every opportunity for you to make your mark and influence the continuing sustainable growth of Jacobs in Ireland and the UK.
As a Principal Transport Planner or Engineer you will be involved in delivering a wide range of transportation projects for various high-profile clients across Ireland and the UK. The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Occasional travel within Ireland, to the UK and/or overseas may be required.
Here's What You'll Need:
- Degree qualifications – Level 8 or equivalent in a relevant transportation planning/ engineering discipline;
- Ability to work both as part of a multi-disciplinary team as well as possessing the ability to work independently to solve problems;
- Experience in road/highway Engineering in an Urban Environment with special reference to cycling, walking and public transport provision;
- Application and use of the Design Manual for Urban Roads and Streets (DMURS), the Traffic Signs Regulations and Traffic Signs Manuals; Cycle Design Guidelines Manual, Traffic Management Guidelines Manual;
- Experience in the areas of Project Appraisal / Business Case / Transport Assessments;
- Numerate with excellent data analysis skills. Competency in data analysis packages, such as Excel/Access;
- Technical aptitude and experience in design and modelling software packages (e.g. CAD, ARCADY, PICADY, LinSig, or TRANSYT;
- Experience of macroscopic transport modelling software e.g. SATURN, CUBE etc;
- Experience of project and client management, covering programme, resources, finance and quality control; and
- Have achieved or be working towards Chartered Engineer or other relevant professional e.g. Engineers Ireland, CIHT, TPP, CEng.
This role is only considering applications with valid and current rights to work in the European Union. Jacobs will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
Our Culture:We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please .
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
Primary Location:Ireland-Ireland Countrywide-Cork-IE Cork
Other Locations:United Kingdom-United Kingdom Countrywide-Belfast-UK Belfast - Artola House
Job Posting:Jan 19, 2021, 5:47:15 PM
Job:Planning & Consulting
Job Classification:Full-Time Regular
Mahon Industrial EstateBlackrock