Apply now »
Singapore, 01, SG
ExxonMobil, one of the largest publicly traded international oil and gas companies, uses technology and innovation to help meet the world's growing energy needs.
We are one of the largest foreign investors in Singapore with more than S$25 billion in assets, and have been operating in Singapore for more than 125 years, expanding from trading kerosene to a multi-billion dollar manufacturing and marketing presence today. Singapore serves as the Asia Pacific hub for our Downstream and Chemical businesses, and it is also home to ExxonMobil's largest integrated refining and petrochemical complex in the world.
In Singapore, we also own an extensive network of service stations under the Esso brand and supply cylinder cooking gas (LPG) to many households. We also supply the commercial market in Singapore and those around the region with industrial, aviation and marine fuels and lubricants, and market liquefied natural gas (LNG). We are expanding our gas, power and LNG business, transitioning to a global trading organization, and rapidly building our trading, origination & analytical capabilities.
- The Financial Trader is part of the front-office Optimization and Trading team in ExxonMobil’s equity LNG business
- This role will play a key part in building-out risk management and trading capabilities for our global LNG portfolio business
- Works day-to-day with LNG physical traders in Singapore and London as well as the Analytics and Risk Control Teams
- Responsible for executing derivative transactions to manage portfolio risk and implement trading strategies within agreed limits
- Drive trading and project value-add in all interactions across the role’s wide portfolio in trading, commercial and business development
- Mentor less-experienced team-members on financial trading and risk management
- A minimum of a Masters’ degree or a Ph.D. in Engineering, Economics, Finance, Mathematics or Statistics
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in energy or commodity trading, financial or energy risk management
- Commercial experience in a LNG portfolio business environment and/or LNG trading
- Deep understanding of market dynamics, fundamentals and pricing (ideally in LNG or flowing gas businesses)
- Experience and understanding of derivatives and of energy risk management techniques, and their application to commodity trading
- Experience and knowledge of data modelling, and proficiency with R, Python or Matlab
- Demonstrated innovative and analytical thinking, intellectual rigor, strong drive, and desire to lead change
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external customers, and with local and global teams
- Demonstrated relevant business acumen
Preferred Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Fluency in any Asian or European language will be an added advantage
- Experience of working with ETRMs
Please be informed that only shortlisted candidates will be notified, and you can find out more about our hiring process here.
We thank you for your interest in ExxonMobil.
Follow us on Facebook: fb.com/exxonmobilsgjobs
Job Segment: Financial, Engineer, Equity, Risk Management, Finance, Engineering
Apply now »