San Francisco, United States
Growth & Traffic team at AirbnbAirbnb is one of the world’s largest marketplaces for unique, authentic places to stay and things to do, offering millions of accommodations and thousands of handcrafted activities, all powered by local hosts. As an economic empowerment platform, Airbnb has helped millions of hospitality entrepreneurs monetize their spaces and their passions while keeping the financial benefits of tourism in their own communities.
Growth & Traffic team is responsible for driving long term sustainable growth for the Airbnb community by building best-in-class infrastructure and expertise. This team is responsible for sparking user interest and engagement by creating personalized contents delivered to users on their preferred channels.
Who is an Ideal candidate?We’re looking for a Staff backend engineer who is responsible for architecting and building highly scalable APIs and services used to drive customer growth.
- Designing and developing scalable distributed systems
- Measuring and improving end-to-end performance and throughput
- Building services and APIs to drive existing and new features for a web-based application or backend infrastructure
- Building highly reliable and resilient systems
- Mentoring junior engineers
- Reviewing architecture designs across the org
- Design elegant and easy to maintain services and systems
RequirementsHere are the required skills/experience:
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience in a fast paced, high growth tech environment building backend distributed systems
- Work experience in the following languages/technologies: Java, SQL DB, No-SQL DB, Kafka.
- Work experience with the following technologies is a plus: Flink, Presto, Elastic Search
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale distributed system (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms)
- Experience with best practices such as A/B testing, continuous integration
- Understanding of data structures and problem solving approaches, and ability to analyze and articulate trade offs
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more…