Abacus Medicine is growing fast and so is Business Analytics! We have a new cloud platform based on the Azure stack and we need a new pair of hands on deck for our Reporting Branch. If you are technically strong and interested in the newest data- and cloud tech, then here is the opportunity to become a part of a great team.
Better Access. Better Healthcare.
At Abacus Medicine, our purpose is to improve global healthcare through better access to medicine. This has driven us to quickly become a global player in the parallel import industry and pharmaceutical services while not losing sight of our entrepreneurial mindset. Our company values; Innovative, Dedicated, and Caring, lead us on our way to continuously look for improvement and further ways to achieve our purpose. Abacus Medicine is an equal opportunity employer; inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture. Join our 1,000 dedicated colleagues with more than 22 different nationalities in e.g. Denmark, Hungary, Germany, the Netherlands, the UK, Austria and Hong Kong.
Your Responsibilities as Student Analyst in Business Analytics:
In your role as Student Analyst in Business Analytics, you will become an important part of BA’s continuous close cooperation with the Data Engineering team, with ample opportunity to gain experience in using lakehouse principles and Hive (Spark) in real-world applications. You will also be expected to investigate the newest theory on the field, whilst working independently on exciting assignments.
Your main tasks are:
- Developing and updating our data lakehouse,
- Databricks notebooks and dataflows in the Data Factory
- Creating, monitoring and updating reports in Power BI to help the business make better decisions
- Optimization of a diverse range of tasks with an emphasis on creating value for the business users
Are You the Right Candidate?
We expect you to be structured, organised and to naturally take responsibility for a wide range of assignment types. You feel confident solving tasks that may first need exploration, and therefore, you are able to foster good relations with all types of people. We love it if you are a self-starter with a proactive mindset, but more importantly, you are driven by a love for data.
Furthermore, we expect that you:
- Are currently studying for your bachelor’s degree in Business Intelligence or similar.
- Have programming experience, crucially in SQL and DAX. If you also have some working knowledge of Python and C#, then it will be considered a big plus.
- Have experience with, or interest in, data modelling and best practice ETL.
- Are interested in working with the Microsoft Azure stack, as this will be your main set of tools.
- Have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Can speak and write fluently in English.
Your Future Colleagues in the Business Analytics Department:
Business Analytics is comprised of 9 full-time employees as well as 3 students divided into 3 branches; Reporting, In-House Consulting and Data Science. You will be a part of a positive and outgoing group with high ambitions who work hard and play hard. Business Analytics team is a diverse bunch with nationalities including Polish, Icelandic, German, Moldovan, American and Danish, so our everyday language is English. While we bring our best, we also value an informal and friendly atmosphere and think that working should be fun.
What Do we Offer?
- A part-time position – 15 hours per week, with flexibility around holidays, exam periods etc.
- Workplace in a central location at our HQ in Vesterbro, Copenhagen
- Delicious lunch and free fruit arrangements
- Student Board, Running Club, Football Team and great social events
- An attractive work environment with an informal atmosphere and work-life balance
- A fun and entrepreneurial workplace where we are driven by community spirit and a desire to be successful
- Exciting challenges and future career development opportunities in a young and dynamic environment.
Have we Caught Your Interest?
If you wish to apply for the position, please use the apply link and make sure to attach resumé, cover letter and grade transcript. We do not accept applications by mail. Last application day is March 31st, 2021. Do you have any questions before you apply for the position? Please feel free to contact Hasse Aagaard, Reporting Team Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org. For ITU students, you are welcome to talk to our company representatives as well as the Reporting Team Lead at the IT Match Making, March 18th, 2021. Interviews will be conducted throughout the application period
We look forward to receiving your application!
Application Deadline: Wednesday, March 31, 2021