Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Responsible for managing complex projects covering the EHS portfolio in Corvallis.
- Manages and delegates the daily operations of projects with high risk and complexity.
- Contributes to development of strategic training programs and leads implementation efforts.
- Acts as a technical lead and mentor to EHS employees, affected employees, and other parties.
- Manages multiple, complex projects to stay within budget.
- Strategizes and plans EHS programs that apply to HP Corvallis.
- Interacts regularly with regional corporate management and management levels in different functions to discuss EHS strategies.
- Implements moderately complex management systems.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree in related science field recommended; advanced degree in related science field preferred.
- Typically 6-10 years experience in a related field recommended.
- CIH certification required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Deep knowledge of legislation and HP regulations for the Corvallis site.
- High level of familiarity with chemical hygiene plans, chemical hazards, respiratory protection, semi-conductor fabrication health and safety issues,.
- Bio-safety experience.
- Combustible dust understanding and knowledge.
- Emergency response knowledge and skills.
- Toxic and flammable gas knowledge and understanding.
- Excellent technical abilities.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong ability to manage complex projects.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong strategic thinking ,planning, and business acumen.
- Strong ability to operate in complex, high stress environments.
- Strong ability to provide guidance and direction to others.