Software / System Engineer - TS/SCI
Springfield, VA US
Springfield, VA US
Job DescriptionCACI is looking for an experienced Systems / Software Engineer in support to our mission critical client in Springfield, VA
What You'll Get to Do:Provide software related advice and consultation to supported INSCOM, Army Intelligence, Army Cyber, Joint Intelligence Forces, or Intelligence Community (IC) organizations on the use of commercial and unique software programs associated with administrative, technical mission data management, and dissemination of information.
More About the Role:
- Provide consultation support to all Portal customers on the use of commercial and proprietary software programs associated with mission data management and dissemination of information including readiness of mission operations.
- Develop, design and implement within a .NET Framework and SQL databases, automated tools for all Portal customers.
- Review proposed changes to assess impact to Portal reliability and readiness and ensure economic and efficient availability of data within appropriate safeguards.
- Develop expertise in use of automated tools for overall portal design and implementation. Ensure that documentation is complete and up-to-date. Develop procedures relating to underlying databases and application security including procedures by which access is authorized, enabled, changed and withdrawn. Develop procedures for periodic database backup.
- Apply advanced technical knowledge, clearly exceeding the knowledge conveyed within the normal scope of vocational training, to solve unusually complex problems (i.e., those that typically cannot be solved solely by reference to manufacturers’ manuals or similar documents) in working on intelligence systems unique to US military and DoD operations.
- Conduct analysis, design, code, testing and documentation of software enhancements to existing software baselines running on military command and control systems, defense communications and complex intelligence systems in support of US military operations.
- Assist with planning, development and application of computer hardware and software configurations specific to ISR, cyber, or Electronic Warfare (EW) systems.
- Perform a variety of software engineering duties, including benchmarking, testing and validation of software changes and quality control of Intelligence systems software.
- Perform in-depth studies, trend evaluations, statistical analysis and computer hardware/software vendor evaluations relating to supported or future systems and architectures as required by the customer.
- Provide day-to-day consultation support to all computer systems or functions including mission operations and reviews proposed changes to assess impact to software configurations. Produce reports and records relating to the above as well as, maintaining and updating all software programs including Government developed and commercially procured programs.
You'll Meet These Requirements:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited college/university plus eight years of experience in a related field involving software innovation, changes and upgrades of major security systems and certification in the following:
- MS Windows Certification
- VMWare Certified Professional (VCP)
- A minimum of three years’ experience in system level programming in the current version of UNIX or Windows operating systems and programming experience with software languages such as C, C++ and other related software applications.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in web and/or portal development projects.
- Experience in performing full life cycle software development to include requirements analysis, software design and system development, software maintenance in time sensitive, signals analysis or scientific computing.
- Experience in developing system and subsystem preliminary and detailed design, design implementation and system integration and testing for all software applications. Participate in software requirement reviews, preliminary and critical design, integration readiness reviews and software acceptance reviews.
- Possess the ability to liaison with software engineering departments in an effort to maintain immediate response to critical requirements resulting from analysis of current specification data on assigned systems.
- US Citizen. Active TS/SCI clearance
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Job LocationUS-Springfield-VA-VIRGINIA SUBURBAN
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.