Network Operations Manager
Shaw Air Force Base, SC US
Shaw Air Force Base, SC US
Job DescriptionWhat You’ll Get to Do:
CACI has an exciting and immediate opportunity for a Network Operations Manager to support the USAF Network Operations Security Center (NOSC). This position works at the customer on-site Tier 3 support location at Shaw Air Force Base in South Carolina.
More About the Role:
In this role you will:
- Responsible for the overall monitoring, status reporting and coordination of actions for the USAFCENT enterprise network.
- Provide oversight and guidance to team of technical professionals responsible for supporting the USAFCENT enterprise network.
- Responsible for the management of network performance and end-to-end service quality for the Network infrastructure.
- Reviews and analyzes overall end-to-end network performance to maintain an acceptable level of network quality of service.
- Participates in the assessment and selection of the network performance and management tools/systems for existing and new network technologies and services.
- Develop standard operating procedures to respond to unplanned service/network interruptions and outages.
- Identify trends that may lead to service or network disruption and recommend remediation actions.
- Conduct operational impact assessments of outages and potential outages.
- Coordinate and manage authorized service interruptions with internal and external stakeholders.
- Report status of planned and unplanned outages and disruptions with USAFCENT leadership and stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and collaborate with multi-functional teams for implementation.
- Perform any additional ACCC duties as required by local policy and guidance.
You will also be required to:
- Serve as senior manager/consultant and provide for overall management, direction and control of resources and activities for a specific functional area(s)
- Support tactical and strategic planning associated with delivery of services and capabilities.
- Research, evaluate and provide information regarding emerging military and commercial enterprise IT/Cybersecurity technologies, and provide recommended strategies.
- Provide oral and written briefs, presentations, and professional reports to Government senior leaders and decision makers.
- Provide support in the application of network security devices.
- Install and maintain network devices such as routers, switches, bridges, and hubs.
- Implement wide area and local area network architectures.
- Perform installation and administration of hardware, software, and services in a client-server environment.
- Optimize operations on a network and systems level.
- Configure Dynamic Host Control Protocol (DHCP), Windows Internet Naming Service (WINS), Dynamic and Integrated Domain Name Service (DNS), and Active Directory (AD) services
- Apply proper security measures to safeguard government IT infrastructure.
- Implement Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) technology for network and systems access.
- Assist deployed IT support staff with the use and migration of PKI-enabled systems.
- Research, document, and track to resolution all outages, trouble calls, virus outbreaks, and network intrusions.
- Analyze and report on the overall health of local and deployed networks.
- Recommend appropriate changes/resolutions in response to observed trends in Enterprise Level Cisco and Microsoft fault isolation and correction.
- Configure and maintain DNS and BIND domain name services on UNIX and Microsoft platforms
- Implement Certificate Authority (CA), Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP), and LEAP server PKI technologies.
- Develop, update, and maintain facility, network, and systems documentation.
- Use Microsoft Project Server to document, update, and track and report the status of assigned projects.
- Develop and review technical documents and checklists to explain abstract IT and cybersecurity technologies and concepts.
- Develop and review detailed or complex technical documents such as techniques, tactics, and procedures (TTPs), concepts of operations (CONOPS), special instructions and engineering plans, for supported enterprise IT and cybersecurity technology, services, applications, and processes.
- Host and/or participate in technical meetings as necessary.
- Develop and provide meeting agendas and minutes, as requested by the government.
- Support continuity and on-the job training to contractor and government technical support personnel (CONUS and OCONUS)
- Deploy/ travel to OCONUS locations in the USCENTCOM AOR to support sustainment operations, projects, surveys, installations, upgrades, testing, troubleshooting, and training.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- DoD Top Secret Security Clearance with SCI eligibility
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and 5 or more years’ experience; OR 7 or more years’ of relevant experience
- IT operations/services management experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- IAT II Baseline Certification (Security+ CE or CCNA-Sec)
- Minimum Professional Certifications:
- oITIL Foundations
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Experience working in DoD, Air Force, and local base environments
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
US-Shaw Air Force Base-SC-COLUMBIA
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.