Why We Work at Dun & BradstreetWe are at a transformational moment in our company journey - and we’re so excited about it. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture, and to accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our purpose is to help customers improve business performance with Dun & Bradstreet’s Data Cloud and Live Business Identity, and we’re wildly passionate and committed to this purpose. So, if you’re looking to make an immediate impact at a company that welcomes bold and diverse thinking, come join us!
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet: We are at a transformational moment in our company journey - and we’re so excited about it. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture, and to accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our purpose is to help customers improve business performance with Dun & Bradstreet’s Data Cloud and Live Business Identity, and we’re wildly passionate and committed to this purpose. So, if you’re looking to make an immediate impact at a company that welcomes bold and diverse thinking, come join us!
Team Overview: Dun & Bradstreet is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our Enterprise Services team within Distribution Technology. Working as part of an Agile team, you will be responsible for developing new features, making enhancements and maintaining existing suite of Enterprise Services applications.
The Role: As an experienced Software Engineer, you will be working on updating the existing APIs with new features, enhancements and involve in cloud-enablement for existing APIs like Direct 2.0 and Toolkit dealing with billions of records.
The D&B Enterprise Services suite of APIs are used by some of the world’s leading technology companies and you will get a chance to drive the evolution of these products. You will be provided with a working environment that is stimulating, challenging and rewarding. Our focus is very much on constantly improving our development processes using agile development methodologies.
D&B are looking for engineers who are proud of their code and who are willing to stand behind it every time. People who want to make quality metrics a part of their everyday development process with a focus on clean code.
- Develop, test and deploy highly-available, low-latency RESTful APIs.
- Expected to be able to effectively communicate complex technical issues.
- Working with a globally distributed development team (across India, Europe and US).
- Develop platform capabilities to meet business requirements.
- Determine operational feasibility of proposed solutions.
- Expected to write high-quality clean code (low maintenance, extensible, testable and performant)
- Collaborate with developers and operations team to build and deploy custom solutions in AWS.
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies (Scrum).
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- A genuine passion and interest in technology and software development with a thorough knowledge of web services trends, best practices, and new technologies with the drive to stay informed on upcoming technologies.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience developing production-grade software using Java.
- Strong knowledge of Web Service Development, preferably REST using JSON.
- Thorough understanding of object-oriented design and programming methodologies.
- The ability to write well documented, maintainable and clean code with automated tests.
- Excellent debugging and coding skills.
- In-depth knowledge of Java 8 (or later), Spring Framework (SpringBoot, Core), Microservices, Junit (Mockito), Maven, IntelliJ/Eclipse.
- Experience with distributed version-control systems like GIT and Agile Development Practices.
- Experience with Cloud Computing concepts and technologies. Preferably AWS.
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines, Jenkins, Automated Testing.
- Demonstrate effective communication as a member of a development team, ensuring understanding of both verbal and written material.
- Have good analytical and problem-solving skills. Experience gathering and analyzing information for the development of effective solutions to problems or situations. Can solve complex problems quickly.
- Be a self-motivated individual who works well in a global team environment.
Good to have:
- Experience with Gateway Technologies.
- Knowledge of Oracle technologies, such as Weblogic, Oracle Service Bus, databases.
- Knowledge of Scala, Python, Continuous Delivery (Blue/Green deployments, Feature Toggles), Performance testing/tuning (JMeter etc.).
- Experience with Highly Available Architectures (Load Balancers, Auto-Scaling Groups etc.).
- AWS technologies such as Serverless (Lambda Functions, Step Functions), RDS, SQS, VPCs, Route53 and the AWS Well-Architected Framework.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your requestto TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determinationon requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.