The OpportunityHuron helps its clients drive growth, enhance performance and sustain leadership in the markets they serve. We partner with higher education organizations to develop strategies and implement solutions that enable the transformative change our clients need to own their future. Together, we empower clients to drive innovation, create sustainable funding streams and deliver better student outcomes.
Today, leaders of higher education institutions and academic medical centers are spending too much time reacting to market forces, rather than focusing on the essential priorities that help students, faculty and staff thrive. The most productive path forward requires an intentional approach and innovative thinking, whereby stakeholders across the entire institution rally around a shared vision and embrace the hard work of effecting change.
You’ll help our clients create their future business and technology strategy, attract, retain and graduate students, decrease operating expenses and increase revenue, optimize research operations and improve employee satisfaction, financial management, operational and organizational effectiveness, research administration, and regulatory compliance.
Join our team as the expert you are now and create your future.
Position SummaryThe engineer in this role will participate in all aspects of software development (design, development, testing, maintenance, support) of the business’s Research Administration applications. This is a hands-on development role responsible for design, implementation, and lifecycle management of the products built/configured on the Click Portal platform and used by Huron Clients and Professional Services as the basis for customer specific solution deployments.
- Solution design which will include interactions with Huron Sales and customers to identify high value patterns.
- Designing, developing, testing, releasing, and maintaining software solution configurations for use by Huron Professional Services as the basis of solution deployments.
- Delivering application product (design, code/configuration, documentation, testing, and maintenance) that meets or exceeds the needs of Huron Professional Services and customers in terms of quality, generality/flexibility, functionality, and timeliness.
QualificationsThe qualifications listed below are representative of the academic, leadership, and teamwork requirements
- BS and/or MS in computer science or related field, MS preferred.
- 2-4 years of experience in software product and test development including experience as lead designer and developer in complex system or application software.
- Strong teamwork skills and work ethic
- Ability to work independently or in a group with minimal supervision
This position requires the skills of a software developer. The technologies and experience listed below is representative of the knowledge, skills, technologies and/or abilities required
- Strong computer science skills and experience
- Programming experience; Object-oriented, multi-threaded, n-tier programming in a modern language/environment (.Net, C#, Java, C++)
- Database access technology and database programming; SQL, SQL Server
- Experience with Microsoft Server components: IIS, SQL Server, Windows Server OS, ASP, .Net
- Web application development technologies; HTML, XML, Ajax
- Development and performance testing and tuning of server-based applications
- Experience with Microsoft development environment (Visual Studio, VSS, VSTS)
In addition to the above, development or integration experience with any of the below is desirable:
- PeopleSoft HR - Epic Research
- PeopleSoft Financials- OnCore-CRM
- Oracle Financials- HL7
- HIPAA - CITI