A new challenge?
Join as Innovation Business Partner Polymers & Engineered solutions and determine the future course of B.I.G.
Main responsibilities and key tasks
The Innovation Business Partner partners with the business to:
- Assess & define the innovation gap: where do we need to go to reach the future? Where are we today?
- Set up a balanced innovation roadmap (taking into account the pulse of the market, sustainability, …)
- Propose and secure the innovation portfolio, in balance with the investment strategy. For this, you map on a regular basis the (innovation) project portfolio of the different businesses using the defined methodology and assess the future needs.
- Together with the VP and the Group Innovation director you determine where to put priorities and where to shift/change resources (FTE’s, €, timing)
- Deliver on innovation, leveraging the Center of Excellence and the Innovation Talent Pool
- Maximize innovation efficiency by having a constant exchange with the Center of Excellence and other Innovation business partners
- Maximize innovation efficiency by applying for subsidies (national, international)
- Drive innovation excellence across B.I.G. to new heights
- Stimulate and act as an example of collaboration
- Play a key role in the steering committee of the largest key projects
- Play a role in the development of the business (business models, markets, …) + challenge and assist to build the strategy, taking into account a broader view on sustainability, digitalization, …
He/she reports to the Group Innovation Director and to the Vice President Polymers & engineered products.
Competencies and skills
- Leadership : build trust, win commitment, recognize and manage influencers; personal influence effectiveness : persuade and inform; political savvy, resilience, high tolerance for ambiguity, puts the team interest first
- People & team manager : coaching; develop motivate and recognize people, spread knowledge
- Result driven and proactive : Create added value, Goal and priority setting, Business awareness
- Passionate about innovation
- Subject matter expert in one or more of the following domains: polymer materials, fibres, non-wovens, performance fabrics, composites,...
Dutch and other languages preferred but optional
Our OfferYou’re at the helm of innovation for a major part of B.I.G.
You‘re joining a growing company with respect for its people, passion for its products and striving for continuous innovation
An attractive remuneration package
A challenging future in an international context with numerous internal opportunities
+32 496 65 81 89