To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryAlliances & Channels
The Developer Relations Education team seeks a technical writer to compose documentation, tutorials, and other materials for our platform's newest features and frequent evolutions. You’ll work with our product, design, and engineering teams to make api.slack.com a delightful learning experience.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking, and above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Write, edit, and manage schedules for delightful and engaging long-form documentation, written in a mix of markdown & JSON
- Supervise and scale the collection and resolution of documentation feedback and requests
- Regularly contribute to and improve our existing developer content
- Triage and prioritize documentation issues and projects
- Improve the Slack developer experience by improving our custom CMS or by getting involved in one of many cross-functional opportunities
What you should have
- 2-4 years experience in developer relations, developer support, and/or writing documentation for developer-focused software
- Strong writing and editorial skills
We also prefer but don’t require
- Experience developing against the Slack platform
- Familiarity with API specification formats like OpenAPI
- Creative writing background
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $86,800. You may also be entitled to receive bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link:
AccommodationsIf you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this .
Posting StatementAt Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
and are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. and do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. and will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with or .
Salesforce welcomes all. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.