At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Wichita Service Center is located at the original Learjet manufacturing site in the Air Capital of the World. The facility is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, as well as interior modifications, avionics installations, paint and provide Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The facility added 38,000 sq ft of hangar space in 2015, bringing its total square footage to 113,000 and enabling the facility to service more aircraft, including Global aircraft. And in 2018, the Wichita Service Center became home to one of two of Bombardier’s Mobile Response Team Maintenance Control Centers, working in conjunction with Bombardier’s Customer Response Center, which operates 24/7 to streamline customer requests and optimize maintenance support. The Service Center has received certifications from FAA, EASA, Aruba, Canada, Bermuda, Cayman Islands and Mexico.
The Aircraft Maintenance Technician (AMT) will troubleshoot, repair, inspect, and perform maintenance on customer aircraft in accordance with applicable technical data and FAA/JAA regulations.
In your role, you will:
- Adhere to General Work Requirements
- Perform maintenance on customer aircraft in accordance with applicable technical data and FAA/JAA regulations
- Perform inspection, make adjustment and repair, replace components, and correct any malfunction or deficiency with and without power applied to the aircraft
- Access and re-install aircraft components, which obstruct the performance of assigned tasks
- Perform basic mechanical and electrical removals and installations
- Document work performed per Inspection Procedures Manual (IPM)
- Assist with fueling/defueling aircraft as required
- Perform other tasks, for example, cleaning aircraft using approved materials, methods, and equipment, and loads and secures ballast and/or freight as required
- Assist Aircraft Engine Technicians and Electronic/Avionics Technicians in troubleshooting and repairing aircraft
- Assist with repairs on components detached from the aircraft, for example, flaps, ailerons, elevators, rudders, doors, and leading edges
- Work on aircraft as well as in shops
- Assist with complex repairs at on-site and off-site locations
- Support aircraft manufacturing of prototype and flight test aircraft at off-site locations
- Support production aircraft under Production Certificate System
- May perform Designated Inspector (DI) function as qualified by QA
- Assist other employees in the performance of their duties within area(s) of qualification
- Troubleshoot aircraft for problems during routine inspections
- Assist with troubleshooting and repairing interior and/or mechanical and electrical components per applicable flight test procedures during test flights
- Perform structural modifications or repairs
- Perform engine removal and installation
- Fabricate and assemble aircraft parts per engineering specifications
- Troubleshoot and perform repairs on components detached from the aircraft, for example, flaps, ailerons, elevators, rudders, doors, and leading edges
- Operate ground support equipment (GSE), for example, tugs, jacks, nitrogen and oxygen servicing
As our ideal candidate,
- You have an A&P certificate (preferred)
- You have some knowledge or previous experience in aircraft maintenance
- You have the ability to interpret and work with mechanical engineering drawings
- You have the ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form on individual and/or aircraft status
- You have your own basic set of hand tools with the ability to demonstrate Inventory and control of tools
- You have the ability to obtain appropriate Ground Support Equipment (GSE) qualifications as required
- You are able to work unscheduled overtime including nonscheduled work days and holidays
- You are able to work in seasonal/inclement weather outside
- You have the ability to obtain a Security Identification Display Area badge (SIDA)
- You have experience on corporate jets (preferred)
- You have basic PC skills
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
JobAirframe & Powerplant Technicians
Zip Code US67209