Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
The key purpose of the role is givingremote/on-site technical support for major service provider customers.
The projects will be based uponOptics technology and NPI Engineer will be responsible for;
- Working as team member to develop, design and implement technical support systems or to complete specialty functions. Coordinates and completes project activities according to plan.
- Proactively acting to understand customer technical needs, identifying potential solutions and creating customer awareness.
- Providing technical expertise and guidance during testing, deployment and operational phases of networks for customers with varying levels of knowledge and competence;
- Performing operational activities with regards to the WDM/SDH network and ensure the network stability and availability and follow daily tasks of operations
- Performing integration with management system
- Actively participating in team and departmental meetings by providing feedback on current day to day activity and recommendations for improvement
- Providing on-site support for customers when needed
- B. Sc. Degree in Computer, Electronics, Telecommunications Engineering or equivalent disciplines,
- Experience in SDH/WDM domain is preferable,
- Good understanding of router configurations in an IP network environment is preferable is preferable,
- Good understanding of DCN networks is preferable,
- Good understanding of Internet family of protocols particularly routing protocols such as OSPF and ISIS,
- Preferred Certifications include: SRC, CCNA/CCNP, JNCIA/ JNCIS is a plus,
- Excellent communication skills verbal & written and documentation,
- Ability to learn effectively and quickly,
- Team player, and able to work on own initiative,
- Ability to travel (both domestic and abroad),
- Military Service completed or at least deferred for 3 years,
- Languages: Fluent English.
Europe, Middle East, Africa-South Africa