The general duties of the Data Migration Specialist are to provide data migration, data manipulation and 2nd level escalation for data related technical application issues.
The incumbent is part of a team providing migration services for all Computershare Governance Services products on a variety of platforms. They would also provide product knowledge and experience in the related fields.
They are responsible for providing exceptional customer service, technical support for the business group, and products, troubleshooting, triage, and management of the incident lifecycle. He/she will provide expert and in-depth knowledge within subject matter specialties.
Additionally, the Data Migration Specialist works closely with Project Managers and Client Services Representatives to provide quality data and meet client demands within set time parameters.
The successful applicant will be comfortable in client-facing situations, but also be driven and self-reliant with the more technical aspects of the role. Full training will be given, but they will need to engage with stakeholders throughout the business on an ongoing basis to keep fully up-to-speed on new features and developments. Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for the development of custom code and tools to aid in the migration and maintenance of application data.
- Working with Project Managers and Clients to determine ideal solutions for Data migration.
- Perform unit testing on code and assist with system and UAT testing.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Project ownership and design for tools and logic based standard migrations.
- Provides feedback and expertise in conversion and data related projects, including attending issue review meetings and mapping exercises.
- Creation and maintenance of system process documentation.
- Analysis and documentation of conversion mappings.
- Supporting the Project Management, Implementation and Client Services teams.
- Providing second level technical support including issue analysis and troubleshooting.
- Ensuring customer expectations are met.
- Ability to work in fast-paced technical environment and to manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines.
- 1 years of progressive development experience with MS SQL Server based scripting.
- Creation and maintenance of stored procedures, views and triggers.
- Configuration knowledge of SQL Server 2008/2012.
- Experience with Data Conversion, including Data Mapping.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and 2012.
- Intermediate experience with Database Administration.
- Strong ability to interact with others in a team environment.
- Ability to provide accurate work time estimates.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Technology based Post-Secondary education.
- A high level of professionalism and client-facing skills, together with the ability to work independently in the field interpreting specific requirements.
- Will be PC literate and have a knowledge of Microsoft products.
- Knowledge of an organization’s needs for help desk, support, escalation functions.
- Knowledge of project management methodology helpful.
- Knowledge and understanding of application SDLC and SQL development best practices.
- Familiar with installing software on IIS a benefit.
- Knowledge of any of the following are a benefit (C#, .NET, VB Script, ASP, ASP.NET, XML, Sharepoint, Mobile device development)
- Basic technical experience with server and network environments.
- Experience in a Professional Services organization with working knowledge of customer service methodologies.
- Flexible with working time, some jobs have to be performed outside normal working hours.
- Excellent written and verbal communication required.
- Familiar with change control methodology and experience working within a controlled environment.
- Experience maintaining technical documentation.
At Computershare we invite you to share our vision and our commitment to excellence in everything that we do. Our people are entrepreneurial and innovative and serve our clients with precision and reliability because they count on us to deliver, every time.
If you want to be part of our leading brand, please apply for this position by clicking on the apply button and following the application process
Computershare is committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you are a candidate requiring an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com
03 February 2017