Description of Area of BusinessComputershare Technology Services (CTS) provides global technology and infrastructure services for existing Computershare proprietary software together with a full range of development services for new products.
Computershare's brand and promise is: Certainty > Ingenuity > Advantage
Main Purpose of the RoleThe Application Hosting Engineer role is responsible for maintaining and deploying Computershare’s software across our Production and Test environments, as well as being a key contributor to projects which assist with Computershare’s long term goals.
As a member of the Hosting team you will be responsible for managing the appropriate Windows Server Environments, SSL and LTM Configuration and assisting in the delivery of internal projects.
Application Hosting Engineers are also expected to contribute to Computershare’s technology stack by enhancing existing processes, including a substantial initiative towards automation. The team is responsible for managing Computershare’s build and deployment platforms and utilising them to drive towards continuous delivery. Application Hosting Engineers will have awareness of the ‘Everything as Code’ approach and constantly look to standardise key processes and make good use of scripting languages such as PowerShell.
The team is reliant on close collaboration with both operational and development teams. Acting as consultants, Application Hosting Engineers are expected to assist other technology teams to ensure the delivery of robust applications and services.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Manage appropriate Windows Server-based hosted environments as part of the hosting team (involving environment builds, deployment, LTM management, firewall configuration, patching, monitoring, etc.).
- Deploying and maintaining Computershare’s software (built on the .NET stack, leveraging VMS, SQL Server and Oracle databases).
- Liaising with DevOps and Service Delivery teams to ensure consistent delivery of software services.
- Management of SSL and F5 LTM (Load Traffic Management) software
- Automation and ‘process improvement’ scripting using PowerShell
- Able to work extended hours on occasions when required
The suitable Application Hosting Engineer will have:
- Exposure to enterprise level application hosting
- Experience .Net Application Server management (IIS, Windows Services, BizTalk)
- Some exposure to scripting and process automation
- Exposure to or willingness to learn Octopus Deploy & Team City
- Exposure to or willingness to learn Infrastructure as code products like Puppet
- Strong mind-set to enforce security standards, within the environments and when collaborating with teams.
Specific technologies preferable are: VSphere, Microsoft .NET Stack, Windows Server, F5 LTM, Octopus Deploy, Team City, ProGet, Puppet, PowerShell
Specific Key Benefits of the roleComputershare offers all employees 25 days holiday, excellent pension scheme, shareholder incentive plan, subsidised gym membership and a flexible employee benefits scheme.
All successful candidates will be required to undergo the Computershare Pre-Employment Screening Process before commencing employment. Employment will be subject to satisfactory clearance on background checks including Identification, Passport Validation, Finance, Qualification, Employment / Personal referencing and Criminal Record Basic Disclosure checks.
01 February 2017