Georgeson's asset reunification services help people claim their forgotten or lost assets, clearly and transparently.
These same services help holders satisfy state abandoned property requirements, and reduce servicing costs, escheatment obligations, fraud and audit risk.
The Escheatment Specialist is responsible for reviewing, scheduling and processing unclaimed property reports for delivery to the states in accordance with their Unclaimed Property requirements. The team member will work closely with the other members of the department to ensure the completion of all deliverables by internal and State deadlines. They will also assist management with routine to moderately complex escheatment research and processing.
- Ability to read, interpret and gain a basic understanding of various state requirements
- Knowledge of or ability and willingness to quickly learn new technology platforms
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Proficient technology skills (specifically MS Word and Excel)
- Team oriented, but can work independently if required
- Creativity/problem solving ability
- Ability to negotiate and set personal priority and get work done within the timeframes established
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three to five years of Unclaimed Property processing experience.
24 January 2017