As a Manufacturing Engineer Superintendent at Caterpillar, you will manage manufacturing engineering and planning functions for a facility to ensure profitability of manufactured product. You may also be responsible for support functions such as quality and tooling. Key responsibilities include:-
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Providing guidance to establish the necessary requirements for cost effective manufacturing or assembly processes.
- Controlling plant layouts, machine moves, and new equipment installations.
- Efficient performance of factory operations and minimizes operating costs through selection of tools, space layouts, equipment and manufacturing sequences.
- Maintaining effective liaisons with all departments to ensure overall manufacturing objects are met.
- Coordinating all capital projects related to assigned factories including forecasting, planning and monitoring special projects to completion.
- Responsibility for all personnel issues and performance evaluation of subordinates as well as training, developing and mentoring.
- Engineering or manufacturing background plus familiarity with company manufacturing facilities, processes, equipment and processes.
- College or university degree or equivalent experience.
- In addition, seven to twelve years of progressively responsible job-related experience.
- Good communication skills are required to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the department.
- General understanding of the Caterpillar organization, products, policies, and procedures
Your road to success is built through a Caterpillar career. As part of the talented Caterpillar team, you appreciate that working for a global leader creates endless opportunities for you.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disa
10 February 2017