SS&C GlobeOp, Inc. is a leading fund administrator providing the world’s most comprehensive array of financial technology products and services under a public, independent, single platform. SS&C GlobeOp’s expertise in business process outsourcing supports complete lifecycle capabilities, available on a stand-alone basis to hedge funds, fund of funds, private equity funds, family wealth offices, and managed accounts. SS&C brings together experts in investments, providing superior client service from its headquarters in Windsor, CT and subsidiaries in Canada, United States, Australia and Europe. Visit us at www.sscglobeop.com and www.sscglobeop.com
We are looking for a Financial Statement Accountant for our New York City, NY location.
- Preparing full financial statements including balance sheet, income statement, statement of changes, cash flows, schedule of investments and footnote disclosures
- Reviewing financial statements to ensure accuracy, reasonableness and compliance with US GAAP
- Performing audit coordination by reviewing and providing appropriate supporting documents such as the interim audit and year end audit packages to the auditors and participating in audit calls
- Interaction with the auditors to resolve questions related to the audit and financial statements
- Financial Statement training and development
- Helping on upgrading and automating the preparation of financial statements
- Working with various products including bonds, swaps, CDOs, ABS, equities, options, FX, repos, and futures
Skills and Knowledge Desired:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field - CPA or CPA candidates a plus
- 4+ years previous accounting and supervisory experience required
- Understanding of the hedge funds under administration (legal structure, investment objective, fee structure, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of accounting concepts and current accounting principles
- Strong excel knowledge (Pivot Table, Sumif, and Vlookup) a plus
- Professionalism and responsiveness during interaction with auditors for funds
- Good analytical and organizational skills
SS&C HAS AN EXCELLENT BENEFITS PROGRAM INCLUDING A MEDICAL AND DENTAL PLAN, TUITION REIMBURSEMENT PLAN, AND 401K PLAN.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.