Data Architect – Master Data Management (MDM)
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; biosurgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services.
The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries.
Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
- The Data Architect is responsible for leading Baxter’s Master Data architecture related modeling, design, build, maintenance and documentation goals.
- Primary role in defining and maintaining conceptual, logical, physical data models, mapping and documenting data linage, creating and maintaining data dictionaries.
- Lead master data related technical project and play an integral role in supporting the Master Data Governance organization.
- Provides thought leadership based on a balanced approach of technical expertise and business acumen
- Work directly with business professionals and business analysts to understand and document master data architectural patterns within Baxter across various data authoring and consumption models, analytic needs, and ETL requirements. Define and articulate business rules required for data accuracy and consistency. Identify and resolve data quality issues. Act as the primary contact for the data management team/process.
- Participate in initiative impacting – or leveraging the understanding of – data storage and integration models (i.e. activities impacting middleware data layouts, ETL/EDI processes, DW/BI initiatives, data quality monitoring, data cleansing, MDM tools, etc.)
- Responsible for the understanding, documentation, maintenance, and additional creation of master data related data-models (conceptual, logical, and physical) and database structures as they relate to activities mentioned above. Will be the co-owner of the data model for a complex, growing global enterprise wide data landscape.
- Act as a reviewer of technical specification from a model perspective and participate in data quality testing.
- Responsible for driving clear understanding of the definition of master data acquisition, archival and recovery policies and provides leadership on technical implementation of the same
- Collaborate with Data Quality & Governance Analyst and Data Governance Organization to assist with the monitoring and preservation of the quality of the master data.
- Create and maintain system specific master data data-dictionaries for domains in scope
- 5 years of hands on data architecture experience involving data modeling, database design, and guiding data integration across multiple data and transactional platforms
- 5 years of experience translating business processes (Supply chain and others), business requirements and usage patterns related to master data into architecture deliverables
- Hands-on experience with at least one established ERP solutions, it’s data model, data storage and integration patterns
- Familiarity with market leading data modeling tools and techniques
- Strong database scripting language (SQL) skills
- Strong communication/presentation skills, attention to detail. Ability to provide knowledge and communicate in business and IT terms
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional, global team
- Life Sciences industry experience
- 2 years of more experience with JD Edwards ERP solution and it’s master data architecture
- Experience with Data Governance concepts
- Experience with governance, controls, process and standards and/or change management for analytics
- 1-2 years of experience with data visualization tools
- Experience with Riversand MD solutions desirable
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Must have 10 years of experience in a business environment working as a data architect, data modeler, database design analyst.
- Strong understanding of business processes related to master data domains in scope is required.
#LI-NM1Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Reasonable AccommodationsBaxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.