Engineering • Denver
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
The SendGrid Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) team is looking for a passionate Software Development Engineer in Test to join our fast growing company and build the next generation of test automation. Working with new technologies like Docker and golang, you will be responsible for designing cutting edge automation frameworks and infrastructure to verify complex SaaS business systems. The test automation team is directly responsible for maintaining the Grid’s reputation.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and support automation scripts within framework, work with team members to understand business needs and ensure expected results are met
- Understand and champion holistic testing approach using automated tools as an asset to building better software
- Work collaboratively with multiple delivery teams to improve and increase our automated testing capabilities and coverage.
- Identify and create additional tools to help facilitate delivery teams testing challenges.
- Work together and improve your skills with like minded software engineers focusing on test automation in a kick ass fast growing company.
Our stack includes: Custom build Selenium based test framework, Container technologies such as Docker, Golang tool development, and many other tools and services designed by the team to support individuals embedded in delivery teams.
- Knowledgeable in configuration management and monitoring/instrumentation
- Ability to design and build basic components and simple systems, including REST APIs, basic HTML interfaces, and rudimentary relational databases.
- Passionate about learning new techniques and technologies
- Pragmatic in your approach to building automated testing tools
Founded in 2009, SendGrid built its reputation solving a key pain point of delivering transactional emails that respond to customer behavior (purchase receipts, order confirmations, password resets, etc.). In 2015, SendGrid expanded the platform into marketing email use cases, enabling customers to have one platform for both transactional and marketing email. We deliver over 30 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Yelp.
SendGrid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.