Compliance Associate - Brighthouse Financial
Apply now »
Date Posted: May 18, 2017
Location: Charlotte, NC, US, 28277
Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Charlotte Alternate Job Location : Not Applicable : Not Applicable
In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. Once separated, the new business will be called Brighthouse Financial.
Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers’ lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company’s mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable.
Role Value Proposition:Brighthouse Financial (the “Company”) is seeking a motivated individual to join the Compliance Operations team. This individual’s primary job responsibilities will involve responding to customer complaints in order to mitigate reputational risk to the Company and ensure compliance with applicable insurance and securities regulations governing customer complaints.
- Document assigned complaint cases in a central repository and manage their progress toward resolution;
- Research policy/contract records to assist in formulating complaint responses;
- Request policy/contract adjustments for complaints resulting in an offer to a customer;
- Collaborate with partners in Legal and within the line of business to determine agreed upon claim and settlement amounts;
- File complaint reports with insurance and securities regulators, as required;
- Work with other compliance associates to develop targeted training programs, revise marketing materials, and respond to sales practices issues raised through identified complaint trends; and
- Partner with the Company’s Due Diligence Team and Special Investigative Unit to provide recommendations regarding high-risk brokers.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong working knowledge of insurance and annuity products
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) competency
- Excellent analytical and investigative skills
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a collaborative team
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail
- Ability to research, access and interpret technical data, determine the regulatory impact to business initiatives and influence decisions
- Prior experience responding to customer complaints preferred
- Strong project management skills
- FINRA Series 6, 7, 24, or 26 preferred;
- A strong working knowledge of insurance and annuity products;
- Knowledge of the regulatory requirements in the insurance and securities industries
Brighthouse Financial is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is Brighthouse Financial's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Brighthouse Financial is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation in order to complete an employment application, please contact our Employee Relations Department at 1-866-635-9230 or email email@example.com. All other unrelated inquires will not be acknowledged.
Nearest Major Market: Charlotte
Apply now »