Technical Support Engineer
Here at SAS, we are looking for a motivated Technical Support Engineer to join our Swedish Technical Support Services Team. Based from our Stockholm office, you will participate in a strong Nordic team in supporting our customers using complex analytic solution architectures.
You will focus on the underlying SAS technology platform and specialize in specific technical domains. This role distinguishes itself by the sheer variety of work involved. Customers will come from multiple sectors and you will be working closely with our customers to understand and help solving their technical challenges. There will be plenty of opportunities to develop your skills within the world's largest privately owned software company.
- Working knowledge of one or more operating systems (Windows, Linux)
- Knowledge of Database technologies
- Experience with System Administration
- Knowledge of network protocols and configuration (TCP/IP, firewalls etc)
- Knowledge of Internet technologies (Apache, Nginx, JBoss etc.)
- Ability to understand at least one high level programming language
Areas of responsibility:
- Keep close dialogue with customer, partner or SAS project teams. Gather information to be able to recommend best way to solve reported problems.
- Work with our international teams to share and gain knowledge, keeping our own knowledge systems updated.
- Take care of customer reported incidents and document more complex issues that need the collaboration of other specialists.
- Recognize improvement needs for the technical support process and you make suggestions for resolutions.
We can offer an exciting job in a dynamic organization with a flat structure and a large international team behind you. The position as Technical Support Engineer will give you a strong grounding to build a career within areas like Technical Architecture, Business Analytics, Data Science, Data warehousing, Customer Care and Cloud based systems.
The right candidate will be introduced to SAS software through our internal training program.
“Big Data is the future”. It’s a cliché, isn’t it? You’ve heard it bandied about all over the place, but what does it mean? Whenever you go online, you give out data. And the number of internet users in the world is estimated at over 3.5 billion people. Think about it.
Data is everywhere. 2.5 quintillion (2,500,000,000,000,000) bytes of it are created every day. And the universe is a vast, complicated place. Anyone with the tools to understand this data, has the keys to unlock the world. SAS gives you the keys. Our powerful analytics software helps banks reach their customers more effectively. It enables local councils to tackle corruption and save valuable resources. And it analyses medical data to help doctors efficiently allocate organs for transplant operations.
However, in spite of our powerful technology, we are nothing without our people. Our founder Jim Goodnight says that 95% of his assets drive out of the gates every evening, and this is clearly shown in our corporate culture. We are frequently ranked as having a top workplace culture, and pride ourselves on creating an open, friendly environment which supports our employees and allows them to grow. We even have a castle!
And we need more people to join us. But not just anyone. We need you!
Interested? Please get in touch with Chris Dawson (email@example.com or +44 1628 490479)