New York, United States · Growth
We’re looking for a data enthusiast to join our team as a growth analyst to help our team on its mission to scale the company and capture meaningful market share. To use a data-driven approach to analyze potential new product features, business lines and technology-driven innovations to determine their viability and potential impact on the user growth and business growth of Hopper and to create consumer-focused content from analysis of our huge (and sometimes messy) data set of trillions of flight search results.
You may be a great fit for our team if you are genuinely excited about the prospect of analyzing our huge data sets, have a background or degree in a quantitative discipline, working knowledge of SQL and Tableau, and excel at generating concise analysis that is easy for a non-technical audience to understand.
In this role you will:
- Transform complex analyses into short, compelling, and easy to understand studies to share with journalists aimed at a consumer audience
- Design and implement ad hoc and automated analysis scripts, design and deliver appropriate summary tables, charts and interactive tools to present your results
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment responding to ad hoc research requests
- Evaluate the potential impact of initiatives on Hopper’s growth and business with an eye on impacting the prioritization of workflow
- Define and track meaningful KPIs for presentation to internal and external audiences
- Work with key stakeholders on growth team and data science teams
- Analyze our digital marketing campaigns and acquisition channels
- A degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative discipline
- Past success with analyzing data, drawing accurate conclusions and adjusting strategy accordingly
- Great communication skills and a knack for presenting results to groups in a clear, digestible manner
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for conducting research and answering hard questions with data
- Exposure to scripting with Pandas, R, SAS or other data preparation and analysis tools
- Experience with relational databases and SQL would be an asset
- The ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive and to handle uncertainty, ambiguity and the challenge of quickly evolving goals
Equity in a startup backed by top-tier VCs ( Accomplice (FKA Atlas Venture), Brightspark, OMERS Ventures, CDPQ, Investissement Quebec and BDC). All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- 100% coverage for health benefits.
- Flexible schedule