DuPont Pioneer is currently seeking a Safety Professional Intern to assist the Safety Coordinator/Safety Supervisor in overall administrative coordination of the established DuPont Pioneer Safety Programs and provide direction, support and consultation to the location regarding safety, health and environmental issues. You will be challenged with a variety of responsibilities in relation to safety, health and environmental (SHE) issues. The intern is primarily in a production office setting with regular interaction taking place in high traffic and activity plant/warehouse areas, plus visits to field locations. You will be assisting the Safety Coordinator to ensure safety programs and guidelines are understood and reinforced through training, coaching and leading others. Creativity is needed to keep materials interesting and fresh. The successful candidate should have a strong understanding of safety, health and environmental principles, general working knowledge of applicable SHE regulations, a can-do attitude, strong problem solving capability, excellent communication skills, demonstrated execution ability and leadership skills.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Interpret and provide information on laws, regulations, and company policies and procedures
- Support location in record-keeping of Occupational Safety and Health programs
- Conduct safety observations and participate in on-site led First Party Safety Audits
- Review facility operations and consult with Risk Management, site safety committee, SHE networks and employees to identify unsafe working conditions and develop appropriate controls or alternatives
- Provide SHE "energy" to the location, demonstrated by frequent and consistent communication about the importance of safety and risk management efforts
- Assist with basic industrial hygiene functions such as dosimeter and dust monitoring. Assist with required programs inspections (i.e. emergency lighting, eye wash) and visual inspection requirements (i.e. ladders, fall protection, fire extinguishers).
- Administrative duties including taking safety meeting minutes, JSAs, SOPs and tracking employee training requirements.
- Ensure the completeness and maintenance of all records, documents or reports relating to assigned safety and health programs.
- May assist with preparation of reports, graphs, and presentation materials to communicate key safety statistics.
The following are required:
- Pursuing or have achieved a degree in Environmental Health and Safety, Occupational Health or related majors
- Excellent communication skills
- Teamwork skills
- Willing and able to work in a variety of areas (field, plant, warehouse)
- Willing and able to climb and/or work in elevated areas; standing and sitting for extended periods
- Willing and able to work both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions
- Willing and able to lift up to 60 lbs. and complete work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting
- Willingness and ability to work weekends
- High level computer abilities primarily in Microsoft Excel, word, and PowerPoint
The following are preferred:
- OSHA 10 hour or 30 hour training certification
- First Aid/CPR/AED certified
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.