What you do at AMD changes everythingAt AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
As a Technologist, you will be responsible to maintain and bring up of desktops and servers for automation test framework deployment. You will be pushed to think out side the box in optimizing workflow.
- Follow directions to bring up and to maintain servers and desktop farm in a data center environment.
- Prepare machines to deploy automated test framework.
- Follow instructions on how to install and deploy our compute (machine learning) and virtualization stack.
- Document current and new approaches.
- Execute automated tests.
- Contribute to scripting of automated tasks.
- Monitor health of machines and help with necessary maintenance if needed (replace burnt parts, upgrade parts etc).
- Build desktops and servers based on a specification list and rack them on assigned racks.
- Some amount of driving involved to get to our data center colocation.
- 2 years of technical degree (preferrably in some sort of engineering or software management) or equivalent years of experience maintaining or setting up lab.
- 2+ years of experience in planning and maintaining lab facilities.
- 2+ years of excellent and proven troubleshooting skills in areas of Wi-Fi, Switch, Router, Desktop, Server & Network.
- 2+ years of experience in Linux and Windows environment.
Nice to have:
- Experience in deploying and using Virtualization a plus (eg: Citrix, vmWare, Linux KVM..)
- Experience in PXE based booting and provisioning machines a plus
- Working knowledge in one of the automation frameworks is a plus : Puppet/Chef, Teamcity/Jenkins, Gradle/Ant, SVN/Git, Artifactory/Ivy, Automation Testing Frameworks, Clobber/Razor PXE Boot
- Knowledge of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) such as Program Increments, Lean, Kanban, Shared Understanding
- Experience using tools such as JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint, Project 2016, Jenkins.
Requisition Number: 54281
Country: United States State: California City: Santa Clara