New Venture Specialist
Apply now »
Date: Mar 12, 2018
Location: Akron, OH, US
Requisition ID: 41281
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: Yes
Goodyear. More Driven.Primary Purpose of the Position:
Create new revenue opportunities for Goodyear through business model development. Strengthen the business model innovation practice. Shape new technologies to be market ready.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
Support the customer centered innovation team in generating compelling value propositions by creation of minimum viable prototypes.
Create business model options & identify critical unknowns. Stochastically model the impact of those unknowns on the desired business outcome.
Design & conduct "minimum viable prototype" based "with market" experiments to gain more certainty around chosen business model.
Guide technology development work by working with subject matter experts & external vendors/partners.
Draw up financial statements based on well articulated assumptions & define learning agenda for businesses in incubation.
- Required: B.S. in engineering, marketing, economics with MBA or MS.
- 2-3 years experience working in innovation projects or equivalent entrpepreneurship experiences.
- Experience in engineering, innovation or customer facing roles.
- Decisiveness under ambiguous circumstances.
- Experience in business analytics.
- Experience in designing iterative experiments.
- Delivering results in a team environment is a must.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to contribute in a cross functional team environment.
- Ability to travel 10-20% on average.
- Analytical skills including stochastic model building.
- Communication skills - ability to clearly communicate progress of projects to stakeholders.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 65,000 people and manufactures its products in 47 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Nearest Major Market: Akron
Nearest Secondary Market: Cleveland
Job Segment: Engineer, Developer, R&D Engineer, MBA, Engineering, Technology, Management
Apply now »