CTRP (Connecticut Rotating Parts) is a repair business located on P&W’s East Hartford campus. The business specializes in the repair and overhaul of engine components including rotating parts, major cases, combustors, stators, vane clusters, honeycomb shroud segments and fan blades. It serves Pratt & Whitney internally, as well as a variety of global external customers.
As an Operations Intern of CTRP, the incumbent will report to the Operations Manager. The successful candidate will play a key role in the tactical and strategic direction of their day to day operations within their department.
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assuring CTRP business unit is meeting schedule and cost commitments without compromising safety of the work force or product quality.
- Maintaining metrics for the cell.
- Conducting weekly Toolbox meetings.
- Participate or lead continuous improvement initiatives to implement turn time reduction, cost savings, and environmental & health enhancements.
- Participate in process improvement opportunities using ACE and Lean Strategies to enhance quality, decrease process cycle time and reduce operational costs.
- Participate in driving cell to ACE Gold.
- Strong focus and commitment to meeting customer needs. Individual is responsible for driving quick resolution of safety, quality, and technical issues.
- Ensure network Engine Center and external customer needs are met and be the focal point for schedule related questions.
- Demonstrate commitment to the EH&S program by complying with all policies and procedures, completing all required training, and supporting all applicable committee activities.
Qualification:The successful candidate must have demonstrated key skills in analytical aptitude, problem solving skills, and leadership. The candidate must also demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills. Exemplary attention to detail and professionalism is a must.
CTRP is an FAA regulated facility and compliance with such rules is a condition of employment.
US Citizenship status is required
Education: The student must be working towards a Bachelor's level or higher degree in operations, manufacturing, management or related area of study. A GPA of 3.0 or greater is preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.