Town And Country, MO, US, 63017
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
Job SummaryThe Bilingual Japanese/English IT Service Desk Analyst (Tier 1) is responsible for providing Tier 1 Service Desk Support in a customer focused, team oriented, support environment. Tier 1 Service Desk Support includes customer incidents (break/fix, requests, and how to), and related support functions/duties for Japanese or English speaking users within the customer’s environment.
- Following the corporate vision, mission and principles –
- Provide Customer with an outstanding service experience
- Contribute, in a positive way, toward meeting/exceeding service level agreements and organizational performance metrics
Job DescriptionEssential duties:
- Interact with customers, via multiple communications methods, per established customer service and quality guidelines.
- Using all available resources (including but not limited to: training, knowledgebase, intuition, and escalation resources), resolve or escalate customer incidents per established guidelines, processes, and service level agreements. i.e. Provide quality solutions in a timely manner.
- May provide escalated support to Tier 1 Service Desk staff.
- Maintain/enhance relationships with other support organizations (internal and external) to help resolve problems. Demonstrate the ability to appropriately escalate issues.
- Ensure ticket documentation is accurate and thorough.
- Maintain ownership of workload
- Identify recurring incidents and trends, and escalate appropriately.
- Take applicable/assigned training courses.
- Ensure knowledgebase is kept up to date.
- Adhere to documented personnel and department guidelines and policies.
- Contribute toward/lead continuous improvement efforts/initiatives; may lead projects.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Fluent in Japanese and English
- Excellent Customer Service & Attitude
- Excellent listening/understanding, verbal, and written communications
- Team Player
- Excellent contact control, analytical and problem solving
- Proactive and Accountable
- Possess a sense of urgency and maintain stress awareness/management
- Ability to multi-task while being attentive to the customer
- Adaptability, Flexibility, Innovative/Creative Solutions
- Desire to learn, and maintain/enhance knowledge
- Readily accepts feedback, mentoring, and coaching
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS (version 7 and higher), Microsoft Office suite, ticketing tools, and troubleshooting tools.
- Understanding/experience in networking, web, email, mobile, security, and managed services technologies.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelors' degree in Information Technology or equivalent education/relevant experience in related fields
- 2 or more years customer service experience or other pertinent related experience
- Shift will be Sunday through Friday, 5:00pm - 7:00am Central / 3:00pm - 5:00am Pacific / 12:00pm - 2:00am Hawaii
- Position can be Work from Home or in Office if city has CenturyLink location.
EducationAssociates or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-California-Los Angeles; US-California-San Diego; US-California-San Francisco; US-Hawaii-Honolulu; US-Missouri-Chesterfield; US-Missouri-Town And Country
Requisition #: 190007
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/