Plan, organize, control, evaluate, and direct all aspects of the Preschool & Child Care Center in accordance with, and in support of the mission an values of SSM Health St. Francis Hospital. These aspects include the professional development of all staff; development of programs that will promote the welfare and dignity of each child; formulating policies, curriculum and philosophy of the Center; meeting State defined licensing and certification requirements, safety requirements, and insuring the financial viability of the operation.
- Participate in the development of objectives for the Child Care Center, its philosophy and its strategic planning for the Center. Develop, apply and evaluate policies, procedures and programming for the Center.
- Responsible for growth, direction and general well-being of Child Care Center staff as it relates to the job through performance evaluations and prioritization of development ideas
- Monitor daily workload and performance, maintaining required/desired staffing ratios in compliance with the licensing regulations. Keeps current on, and operates Center within general hospital guidelines, and in compliance with all legal and licensing requirements.
- Develop, secure approval of, and administer a total budget including; revenues projections, expenses, staffing FTE requirements and capital expenses to achieve the agreed upon goals, objectives, and day to day operations of the Center.
- Operate within the approved current budget, providing acceptable explanations for variations. Develops and prepares labor, cost, and statistical reports required for effective financial management of the program. Encourage and participate in fundraising endeavors, including grant proposal writing.
- Research and evaluate changing market forces and competitive trends to evaluate and develop or revise enrollment fees or programming as needed and appropriate to ensure financial viability of the program.
- Establish and maintain a Parent Advisory Board to support the Center and enhance communication and effectiveness of the Center. Participate in family and children activities. Respect the privacy of family life.
- Recruit, register and orient new families. Respect the dignity and rights of each child while fostering child independence skills. Record observations of children's health and physical condition to parents and act as mandated reporter to social services as needed.
- Maintain effective emergency procedures and other related policies. Ensure that ongoing building repairs and improvements occur as needed, meeting all necessary building codes.
- Interact and address all department personnel using professional manners and problem-solving techniques to improve processes, resolve differences and to promote an atmosphere of teamwork.
- Represent and participate in on-going leadership meetings, parent groups, and any related committees as suggested or appointed to, with genuine commitment and sincere efforts to accomplish goals and bring about effective, positive actions.
- Bachelor Degree
- 1 year to 3 years Experince in Early Childhood and Management
About SSM Health St. Francis Hospital – Maryville
SSM Health St. Francis Hospital – Maryville is an 81-bed full-service, fully-accredited healthcare organization providing medical care to the residents of Northwest Missouri. As a rural hospital, St. Francis offers emergency, maternity, behavioral health, inpatient, and outpatient services to meet the needs of our community.
Missouri-Maryville-SSM Health St. Francis Hospital – Maryville