US - San Francisco
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
What You’ll Work On:Fitbit’s design organization is dedicated to envisioning and crafting products and experiences that are the most intelligent, beautiful and engaging way for people to succeed in their health and fitness journeys. We are reinventing the way we engage with our users across devices, software and experiences.
We are looking for an extremely talented and passionate designer to join our industrial design team, the group responsible for crafting all of our future products. In this role you will work closely with other designers and cross-functional teams to create beautiful products that are truly memorable.
We believe that great design can make a difference to real people in the real world. Our mission is nothing short of making the world a healthier place!
- Contribute great design solutions on both roadmap and advanced concept projects.
- Participate in project brainstorms to generate innovative ideas and product features/concepts.
- Support research on design trends, consumer segments, and market competitors to inspire and guide your design directions.
- Create breathtaking presentation deliverables that may include research summaries, sketches, user scenarios, product renderings, and appearance models.
- Build 3D CAD models of intended design directions for the creation of prototypes or to communicate design intent to engineering teams.
- Collaborate with other designers, engineers, and manufacturing partners to identify opportunities, solve design issues, and preserve design intent throughout a project.
- 2+ years of progressive experience in the field of industrial design
- Great sketching, form development, CAD modeling, rendering, and graphic skills
- Fluent in relevant software (Adobe CC, Rhino, Solidworks, Keyshot, MS Office, etc.), tools, materials and manufacturing processes
- Comfortable with all phases of the design process- from research to concept development and detail design for manufacturing
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Industrial Design
Candidates must submit a portfolio to be considered for this position.
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.