SUMMARYBuyers are responsible for independently sourcing compelling product assortments, negotiating and developing strategic vendor partnerships, building category and brand strategy and delivering great brands and products at an amazing value proposition. They are also responsible for developing direct reports and and building effective teams.
Our ideal Buyer is ambitious in nature, detail oriented, comfortable working in cross-functional teams, and passionate about the retail industry. They are organized and adept at time management skills.
Our ideal Buyer has mastered the Associate Buyers skills and competencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Deliver on financial goals
- Identify brands and product that represent our customer’s needs
- Negotiate, build and source compelling product assortments at the best value
- Independently drives sales through the selection of product, pricing, promotion for greatest return on investment
- Buying responsibility and financial accountability for respective buying category
- Negotiate buying terms with vendors (price, quantity, delivery/ payment terms)
- Oversee the facilitation and execution of an event with an Assistant Buyer
- Build strong relationships with vendors, focusing on vendor management and brand acquisition and development
- Calendar Management
- Ability to remain flexible and willing to change strategies as business needs dictate
- Required to develop, coach and mentor their team; would be required to drive their performance and ensure they meet their goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of work and experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ buying experience or relevant merchandising/retail experience
- Demonstrated understanding of merchandising financials and the ability to manage profitability
- Experience in ecommerce preferred
- Proficient of Microsoft Office Suite, Excel preferred
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel minimum of 10%