Electrical Engineer II - Array Analyst - Antenna/Radar System Theory and DesignApplyRequisition ID 116439BRDate updated 06/13/2018
This position is for an electrical engineer who is seeking to utilize his/her strong academic background and experience in antenna and radar system theory and design, including architectures and RF/Microwave components, subsystems and Active Electronically Steered Antennas (AESA). The successful candidate will employ their working knowledge of electromagnetic theory and radar systems, and their analytical skills in radar, antenna, and microwave systems. Responsibilities will include hands-on testing of microwave components and antennas. Provide technical support for proposal activities. Team leadership skills including cost and schedule management experience are desired.
This position can be an G07 or an G08 based on the candidate's qualifications as they related to the skills, experiences, and responsibilities required for the position.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Required Skills and Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering plus minimum of 2 years direct experience OR
- MS degree in Electrical Engineering plus minimum of 1 year experience
Experience should be in the following
- Antenna or radar analysis and hardware design and test
- Hands-on experience with electromagnetic simulation tools such as HFSS, ADS, CST and analytical tools such as MatLab.
- Candidates should have a propensity for learning through self-study, and be comfortable in a multi-tasking environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong academic background that includes courses in: Microwave Engineering, Electromagnetic Theory, Antenna Theory, and Radar Systems
- Hands on experience with antenna testing techniques, including near field range, far field range or compact range testing
- Strong measurement capability, including Vector Network Analyzers, and antenna measurements
- Experience in technical writing, proposal writing, and oral presentations
- Experience in cost estimating, budget and schedule management
- Experience leading technical teams in antenna, RF/microwave, or radar developments
- Existing Secret clearance or ability to obtain a secret clearance with interim clearance prior to start date
Bring your talent and skills to the following IDS group:
Electrical Design Directorate (EDD):
EDD provides engineering design, integration and production to core radar and combat system competencies (process and control, integration and test, power systems, receivers and exciters, antennas and microwave subassemblies).
EDD has responsibility for the following areas:
- Phased Array Radar design – RF/microwave antenna design
- Power and Electronic systems design
- Receiver & Exciter Design - REX System Analysis, Exciter Design, Receiver Design,
- Low Noise Sources, Simulation and Modeling, Metrology, Integration and Test
- Mixed Signal Design - Receiver A/D Converters, Direct Digital Converters, Receiver D/A
- Converters, Digital Waveform Generators, Mixed Signal CCAs, Mixed Signal Modules and Subsystems
- Digital Hardware - Subsystem/Module Digital Circuits, FPGA/ASICs, Beam Steering, Mixed Process/Photonics/Sensors, COTS systems, COTS interfaces, Subsystem Development, VME/PCI
- Digital Systems – System Trades, Architecture, Embedded Processing
- Software Design - Real-time Signal Processing, Beam Steering, Embedded Software
- Photonics Design – Fiber Optic Communication, Optical Control
- Antenna Systems - Antenna System Analysis, Array Analysis, Electromagnetic Analysis, Array Calibration and BITE, Signal Level Analysis, Assembly, Integration and Test
- Antenna/Microwave Subsystems - Phased Array Subsystems, High Power Subsystems, Antenna Subsystems, Signal Level Analysis, Subsystem Integration and Test
- RF/Microwave Design - Simulation and Layout, Passive Circuits, Amplifiers, Ferrites, Component Test, Material Characterization
- Antenna Design - Radiating Elements, Reflectors, Feedhorns, Radomes/Frequency Selective Surfaces, Simulation and Layout, Antenna Test
Other examples of work performed within the Antenna and Microwave department include: design of Radio Frequency, Microwave and Millimeter Wave circuits, components or modules for use in radar or communication systems and measurement of subsystems using antenna test techniques, equipment and facilities.
Keywords: antennas, radars, HFSS, ADS, CST, MatLab
116439BR 116439 Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Type Of JobFull Time
Work LocationMA - Marlborough
MA - Tewksbury
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Apply