Job available in 3 locations
- Job number 550196
- Date posted Dec 6, 2018
- Travel 0-25 %
- Profession Services
- Role type Individual Contributor
- Employment type Full-Time
When was the last time you got in on the ground floor of a new technology - no, strike that, a new field? We’re expanding the team chartered with creating and delivering a new support experience for customers working in Big Data Analytics. With the release of HDInsight (Microsoft implementation of Apache Hadoop) and many other Azure services, we need people who love helping customers solve tough problems; people who can develop processes and systems that ensure success for our customers and our team; and those who can thrive in ambiguity (who knows what types of challenges and problems we’ll encounter). Sound fun? Challenging? Tough? If that appeals to you *and* you work well in a team, then we want to hear from you!
- Provide in-depth technical support for customers via telephone, written correspondence, or electronic service.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting to analyze problems and develop solutions to meet customer needs.
- Determine the best approach for resolving complex technical issues that will yield the desired turn-around time and optimal customer solution while minimizing the impact to the customer.
- Engage and collaborate with other Microsoft groups, including escalation teams and the R&D Team, and 3rd party support partner (Open Source), in gaining resolution to critical, complex issues.
- Provide exceptional customer service in politically charged environments.
- Represent Microsoft professionally in customer and partner onsite visits, where travel may be required with little advance notice.
- Create advanced online technical content including Knowledge Base articles, training documents, blogs, etc., as needed to help enhance our CSS Front of Funnel strategy and drive one-to-many customer and partner impact.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of all related products, technologies and upcoming releases. Take proactive ownership in identifying and recommending product improvements in key product areas based on key data points.
- Participate in planned team-wide shift rotations to cover business needs, including 24x7 “on-call” responsibilities and weekend work.
- Present technical content to various audiences including customers, partners, and internal stakeholders.
- Provide consulting services to partners and customers to increase product market share.
- At least 1 year of experience with big data or analytics products and services
- At least 2 years of experience in customer support, product support, technical support, IT Admin support, Consulting, systems development, product development, network operations, software engineering, or I.T. consulting? customer or technical support or consulting or end-user support.
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements required for this role? These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Experience with Hadoop, NoSQL , ETL, streaming, Machine Learning or other Big Data/Analytics technology preferred.
- Programming & Debugging Experience
- Experience with Windows and Linux.
- Knowledge and experience with the Open Source ecosystem.
- Commonly used technologies
- C#, Debugging GUIs
- Azure roles and architecture
- Service deployment
- Windows Blob Storage
- Experience in RDMS such as Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft BI technologies including SQL Server Analysis Services, Power BI, SQL Server Reporting Service is a plus.
- Adaptability, flexibility and the ability to do the right thing under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills-both oral and written-and success in partnering with groups inside and outside of Microsoft.
- Initiative. Self-motivated and independent thinker that routinely translates circumstances and understanding into actions that move the business forward in a measurable manner.
- Ability to distill, prioritize and act on feedback from a variety of sources.
- Conviction and courage to drive decisions and defend positions as appropriate.
- BA/BS degree.
Benefits of working at Microsoft:
Microsoft values different life experiences and viewpoints. We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and encourage them to take risks and approach challenges unconventionally. We will invest in your health and financial future, and encourage you to pursue your interests and passions away from the office. Our products and technologies help you balance life away from the office and enable you to manage your schedule efficiently.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.