Job ID: 2018-20773
Altice USA — one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States — launched a4, the company’s advanced advertising and data business, which delivers audience-based, multiscreen advertising solutions to local, regional and national advertisers and MVPD partners.
a4 Media is driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
Our business-specific, internship program encourages students to put their knowledge into practice while they develop additional skills through experiential learning, team building events and structured feedsessions. Our goal is to provide today’s talent with the training, exposure and motivation needed to grow into the leaders of tomorrow.
a4 Media is a technology-first advertising company. Our team has the DNA of several startups merged together, but with the backing of one of the world's largest telecoms. Our customers range from mom 'n pop pizza shops all the way to global megabrands.
Our Athena app is the future of self-serve multiscreen advertising, empowering businesses to reach the right people at the right time on the right device. Our team is growing and we're rebuilding Athena from the ground up, so there couldn't be a more exciting time to intern here.
Why intern at a4?
- You'll use the latest tech stacks and work with a squad of cross-functional interns in an agile environment
- You'll be responsible for customer-facing modules in our Athena web app
- Your work will help advertisers across the US reach millions of potential customers
- You'll have the autonomy to make your own decisions, but still get the support of experienced technology professionals
- Your time here will be challenging, impactful, and something you can showcase in your portfolio
- You're enrolled in a bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field completing the degree between December 2019 and June 2020
What you have:
- Application development using IntelliJ IDE, deploying in a multi-tier environment
- Proficient in Flask, Python, Java, J2EE, SQL, Web services and Micro services.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns to convert business requirements in to application functionalities.
- Write Linux commands/ bash scripts, reusable components and unit/integration test cases.
- Experience in Agile/SDLC methods, source code management using Subversion and Git.
- You have professional or project portfolio pieces you're proud of and can tell us about
- You have experience with or passion for working with teams of designers, product managers, and data
- You have an interest in advertising technology and building impactful software experiences
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.